Search results

1. F

Awesome clone valve failure.

Stock brand new clone valve in a stock genuine 14cc head, on my modded gx160 (billet rod, flywheel, chromeoly pushrods, 274 cam, chockless bored gx200 carb, 26lb springs, airfilter and header). Happened at about 6.5k with my buddy riding it, not me, so not exactly shure how he did it (he can...
  2. F

Would you guys still use this block?? Honda GX160

Just built up my gx160 on my doodle again, and swapped blocks in the process with one without hole tapped for the low oil sensor (had the short useless crank, both genuine honda blocks). When cleaning up the block I was running I noticed these I have put maybe 100 hard hours on it...
  3. F

Clutch Question. Why does this keep happening?

I'm just wondering why this keeps happening. Using a hillard extreme duty on my slightly modded gx160. 26lb springs,billet stuff, gx390 carb.About 6k is all I take it to (bike is in my sig). The clutch is rated to 5k. Is it as simple as this. I know the hillards are pos's, but its strange. What...
  4. F

Has anyone seen this carb before?

Came off a Tec of unknown size (I have to write the serial numbers down), but made my HM80 look small. I'm posting it here, because its a Walbro carb with a fuel pump attached. Its just massive. There are no serial numbers or numbers of any kind, hence this thread. Its cool, just looking for a...
  5. F

GX160 throttle wtf??

I probibly sound like a retread, but why is the trotlle linkage all fcked up on this gx160 I just picked up? Not touching it, the throttle is fully open. Needless to say, I should of checked it first. Put it on the db, started it, and she flew off. It was on a rototiller, but wtf, how did it...
  6. F

Billet flywheel options?

looking for options/pointers/suggestions. I need one for my HM80 build, and have no idea where to start. Can any billet wheel be run if it fits on my shaft? I've heard of people running 3hp flywheels on bigger motors, does this not affect the balance? I'm a noobto small engines, sorry.
  7. F

HM80 rebuild questions

I have a couple questions about the hm80. First one, how do you get this out? I don't have a valve spring compressor and need to acess the springs. second, I can pull all this stuff out right and the pics ewwww
  8. F

H50 and electric start, new to me, a couple Questions

Hi guys, gust got this H50 with 120v starter for a great price. Its going on my DB, I was going to use my HM80, but this came up, and has a straight tapped and keyed 3/4 inch shaft, opposed to the HM's 1inch. Anyway, here are the pics more pics to come, tearing it down right...
  9. F

Is this a HS50?

Getting this engine tommorow, . Can any Tec experts id this one by the pictures? I got my HM80 off him, but he told my it was a 7hp Tec at the time. This one he is saying is an 8hp one, but in the pics the gas tank is too small, and the carb is totally wrong to be a bigger tec...
  10. F

Doodlebug Pit Bike Project

Hey everyone, just thought i'd finally intorduce myself in the project forum, since I have a project now. Bought A DB for 100 bux used, its a 2007. My name is Mike and I race Volvo's in the summer. I have a Volvo 850 turbo which has 390hp to the front wheels on a gt3571R and meth injection on a...
  11. F

Tecumseh carbs? Are they supposed to "pee"

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum and mini bikes in general. I race Volvo's. Anyway, I bought a Dirt Bug a while ago for a pit bike. Did everything I could to make it faster. Got a killer deal on a what I was told 7hp Tecumseh. Now, all the id numbers are off, but these two.... 143-666352 and...