Search results

1. H

hh 210 any reason to stay away from?

im looking at getting a hh 210 it seems like a good deal any reason to stay away? il probably order one in a few days assuming i dont get any negative responses. all the reviews say its great and easy to use.
  2. H

tire size compairson 16x6.5x8 vs 18x6.5x8

any body have a picture of these two tires side by side? i need to decide on tires for my latest project.
  3. H

how good is this break?

http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?cart=1699389&cat=199& the top caliper on http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/index.php?rec=30&shop=1&cart=1699389&cat=174&keywords=&match_criteria=&searchCat= the next to last disk how do you think this would do stopping a bike from about 45 on either 16.5 or 18 inch tire?
  4. H

clone=briggs? cl find

go kart (cart) 160$ i might get it just for parts, i want a big tire bike
  5. H

how to calculate top speed with a tav 30?

how to calculate top speed with a tav 30? i know there are online calculators that you type in your tire diameter an rpm and gears and all that but how do i compensate for my over drive in my tav? so if im running my engine at 5000 rpm and i have a 12 tooth sprocket on the tav and a 60 tooth...
  6. H

breaks?

hey, my bike is going to have 16-18 inch outer diameter tires on 8 inch wheels live front and rear axles. and a built 6.5 lifan. running a tav and 60 tooth rear sprocket. im not looking to spend a fortune on Hydraulic breaks but i want to be able to stop from the 50 or so mph the bike will do in...
  7. H

live front axle bikes

any body have a bike with a live front and or rear axle? im just looking for some pictures to help me plan out my next project.
  8. H

what will 26 pound springs do to my head?

i was looking at getting nr-racing.coms Stainless Steel Valve Package #1 and their Camshaft 280-0207. along with chromoly push rods and a minkuni im just wondering how long my head will survive with such heavy springs
  9. H

200cc lifan motorcycle clone

what can yall tell me? i found one for 300 with a carb wiring harness, and lights. im seriously thinking about making my db30 into a rocket (dont tell me it wont work) so what kind of power do they make? i hear they rev to 9500-10000 is that true?
  10. H

8 inch wheels on a db whos done it?

im thinking about lifting the db and butting bigger tires on it, right now im looking at 8 inch trailer wheels with 16.5-20 inch tires im not sure on that part yet. live axil in the rear. put bearing hangers under the frame, and get a new fork and stretch it out to level out the bike and then...
  11. H

azusa compared to db30.

im thinking about building a bike off of a azusa frame, im wondering how big the frame is compared to my db30. so does any body have a picture of an azusa, with 6 or 8 inch wheels, next to a db30?
  12. H

change in startability

i have a hf 6.5, its about 35 degrees out here right now. i rode the bike a lot in 15-25 degree weather with no problems starting or any thing, but after riding in the snow it takes choke and gas rather than just choke to start. im wondering if this has any thing to do with over revving it in...
  13. H

wet/slipping tav

my tav got wet today i assume thats why it was slipping, is there any way to stop this besides keeping it dry?
  14. H

where to get animal parts?

i only really know where to get clone parts, where can i get a rod, carb, carb adaptor, cam, and valve springs?
  15. H

bmi alternative?

bmi karts is getting re worked. is there any where else with good deals and a large selection? im looking for #35 race chain and some cable stops.
  16. H

skid plat idea on a db6.5

i did the 6.5 conversion a while ago, i just got the gas tank done yesterday and i rode most of today. ive been riding in a good foot of leaves and i noticed i get high centered on hidden rocks and logs. what do yall think of a skid plate? and some sort of bottom end chain guard to stop the...
  17. H

a couple round tank questions

so i built a round gas tank, i have a filler on it that was easy. but my question is how do put a drain on it? ive seen the petcocks on bmi. if i use a brass fitting from lowes whats the best way to attach it? a nut welded on? a taped block of metal? and im not 100% sure my filler is leak...
  18. H

micro gas welder from hf

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices im just wondering how much use id get out of this thing, how much can it do? will it really do small gas welds?
  19. H

metal chop saw.

i am in need of a saw to cut metal i want a 14 inch chop saw but i know people are going to bring up band saws. any body have a good experience with the hf 14 inch saw? this one Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices so what do yall suggest? im just getting into metal...
  20. H

lets see some cutsom exhausts.

i think im going to build an exhaust for my db tomorrow before work. any sugestions? i was thinking 1/8 inch plate for a flange and then 3/4 inch plumbing pipe welded not with fittings. this is going on a clone in a db30. so lets see yalls exhausts.