Search results

1. D

16 HP Heald Supertryke

Looks pretty darn cool. Priced at $1500 View image in gallery Here's the link 16 hp heald supertryke. still available.
  2. D

6.5 HP 212 cc Predator Engine

Up for sale is a 212 cc, 6.5 HP Predator engine (3/4" shaft). Bought as a replacement for my 1970 Cat mini bike. Sold the bike and the buyer already had an original engine so I am selling this one. Engine is barely broken in: has had only oil change and barely a tank of gas (so definitely under...
  3. D

Dirt Bike Thoughts?

So I am thinking about getting a dirt bike because my friend got one and a mini bike doesn't exactly keep up with it. Nothing against mini bikes its just the two are completely different classes. So I was thinking about a Honda XR 250. Found this one and it looks pretty good but just wanted...
  4. D

Cat 400X w/ Predator

Hey all, Up for sale is my 1970 Cat 400x. Engine is practically brand new Predator 7hp 212cc, oil has only been changed once. Has all the collectable goodies like fenders, seat with no rips, nice chrome, stars in wheels, and Carlisle Indian Head original tires. Really great bike to leave as...
  5. D

Cat Eliminator

Not mine. Just saw it on CL for $180 Cat Eliminator Project
  6. D

Tecumseh HS40 off a Cat 400x (with kill switch!)

For sale is a Tecumseh HS40 from around 1970. It is off of a Cat 400x. The engine is not running but was when I bought it back in March of this year. This would be the perfect addition to a restoration project because it has the original and fully functional kill switch set up! The air filter...
  7. D

HS40 Starting Issues

Hey all, I have a Tecumseh HS40 that I am having trouble with starting. I have clean spark plug, new fuel line, new carb bowl, new main jet, and have been using staring fluid. I have also been trying different mixture settings on the carb to try and get results. Any ideas as to why this engine...
  8. D

Cat Endura Roller

View image in gallery Also found this... Mini-bike frame View image in gallery
  9. D

Wards T555 Trike

Found this, pretty cool... Wards T555 trike
  10. D

Engine Rebuild vs New Engine

Hey all, The HS40 Tec on my Cat 400x has been only giving me problems since I got it- oil leak, carb leak, gas leak on top, pull start breaks every 20 pulls, bolts are falling off, etc. I am essentially trying to weigh my options as far as a complete rebuild (because who knows how bad the...
  11. D

Seal Up Unneeded Primer Valve on Carburetor?

Hello everyone, I ordered a new carburetor a little while back for my hs40 engine because for the price of all the replacement and cleaning I could just get a new carb instead. I ordered the one that said fits the hs40 engine and replaces part #632113a (I could not find my part number prior to...
  12. D

HS40 Carb Rebuild

Hey guys, I have a hs40 carb that I will be cleaning and rebuilding. I know for a fact that I will need to replace the two gaskets on either side. I found a rebuild kit that I believe is correct and contains the gaskets but it says "does not contain power screw". It was not letting me...
  13. D

HS40 Tecumseh...

Hey guys, I got an HS40 from around 1970 on a Cat 400x. The pull start had previously not been going back in but I got that fixed (Thanks Buckeye). Now when I start it, it makes a super loud squealing noise. It did not happen the first time after fixing the pull start but probably four or...
  14. D

Cat 400x parts questions

Hey guys I have a Cat 400x from about 1970- check out my pictures to see it. It has a hs40 Tecumseh 4 hp on it. I was wondering if this exhaust will work on it and if it comes with everything I need to install it Flathead Tecumseh Exhaust Also, will I need a muffler as well or just the pipe...
  15. D

Got my first mini bike

Posted this in the Cat owners group page but figured I would put it here too. Hello all, I am new to the mini bike world as I just got my first one. It is a Cat 400x with a 4hp Tecumseh on it. I took it around the street a little and it is super fun. I was hoping to get some advice from some...
  16. D

Doodle Bug or Cat Craigslist Buy?

Hello everyone I am new to this forum but am very interested in mini bikes. My dad had a bonanza growing up and now I might get one. I am in the Denver area in Colorado and have been looking at Craiglist for a bike. I have narrowed my interest down to three: two doodle bugs and a cat (however...