Search results

1. Boomstick

Is anyone else fed up with this?

Is anyone else fed up with people literally just joining to hock their crap? I've noticed a few lately that have been doing that. Maybe I'm a little bit sensitive, but it's just rude as hell. Figured I'd throw it out there, see if it bothers anyone else. It's just sh*tty that people...
  2. Boomstick

Benelli mini?

Benelli Mini Bike
  3. Boomstick

Primary differences between HM100/Stars?

I recently picked up a very nice HM100 for free off of my neighbor who just wanted it out of the garage. It actually runs nicely, but could probably use a good carb cleaning. It's an iron bore, and gets great compression. Now if I remember correctly, the Star is a (albeit heavily) modified...
  4. Boomstick

Deal of the century

Vintage Experimental Homelite String Trimmer FS!!!
  5. Boomstick

B&S 18hp opposed twin?

18 HP Twin Cylinder Motor Comes with a belt clutch. Apparently ready to rock. (Not really digging the plumbing aisle exhaust system, but hey...)
  6. Boomstick

Recommended mild 212 mods?

Anyone have a list of recommended builds & mods for a 212 (hemi). Obviously, the billet rod & flywheel are going to be first. Not looking for an all-out build, but just a little bit more in the way of oomph for a 125cc sized bike paired up with a TAV. Something to top out at 40-45mph...
  7. Boomstick

What was the worst small engine you've ever had?

Figured this would be appropriate for the engine section. Kind of a "what to avoid" thread for some of the less knowledgeable or newer members here. So: what was the worst small engine you had, and why? Reliability, durability, etc.
  8. Boomstick

Hemi vs. non-hemi 212's?

So I've finally decided to bite the bullet & buy a 212 for my upcoming, ham-handed bastardization of a ultra-mega-super valuable, worth 6-figures GENUINE 1985 Kawasaki KX125 frame (made only for one year!) :wink: So before heading out to Harbor Freight, what are the differences between the two...
  9. Boomstick

Paint thread?

Just got back into painting things. Most recently, I just did a motorized bicycle (China girl) tank. Wire-wheeled all of the nasty black oil paint which was bubbling & flaking) off, soldered the joint between the mounting bolts & the welded lock-nuts inside of the tank, muriatic acid dip (to get...
  10. Boomstick

Predator dimensions?

Anyone have a tape measure & a couple engines handy? I'm thinking about shoehorning a big Predator into an '85 KX125 frame much like another forum member did a while ago with another dirtbike. Looking for the general height, width, & depth (engine mounting base dimensions would be...
  11. Boomstick

KX125 engine for sale:

Selling off the KX125 engine I have for sale. The jug that's on it currently is the later version with the exhaust port facing straight out (1988-whenever of the same vintage). New gaskets all the way around, brand new top end. Cylinder on this one has an iron bore (yay!). Comes with...
  12. Boomstick

Finally got burnt on Craigslist.

So, a couple of days ago, I picked up a basketcase of a 1985 KX125. So anyway, the bike was advertised as all there, just needing to be assembled because the guy needed money for truck parts. Working a full time job & a part time job, Ok, no problem. I've been there & it sucks. Engine was...
  13. Boomstick

Fresh build!

Kustom mini bike 212cc brand new engine! :out:
  14. Boomstick

79cc Predator + TAV?

So... anyone ever run a TAV on one of these 79cc Predators? 3 HP (79cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine I have a couple koop-ons, and so do my friends and I... and I'm thinking about picking this little guy up for a boardtrack racer project. I figure I can get it for cheap enough. :wink...
  15. Boomstick

Yamaha XJ's?

Anyone here have any experience with the Yamaha XJ's (namely 550's)? I picked up an '81 with 16k on the clock that needs valvetrain TLC (looooots of it) for a $100 bill. Rest of the bike is in good, but not great shape. Transmission is immaculate. Anyone know of any parts sources? :smile:
  16. Boomstick

Supertech 2 stroke oil?

Anyone have experience with Supertech's 2 stroke oil? Wally world brand is cheap cheap cheap. Ran several gallons through the china girl at 32:1 with the stuff without a hitch (fortunately, china girls will probably run on water if you crank them hard enough). I run Amsoil in my saws, but...
  17. Boomstick

Finally got one!

So, my girlfriend, being such the sweetie she is, bought me a used Baja Warrior for X-mas. The good part: frame & running gear are super, super sweet. Bad part: The predator that came on it (was probably a replacement someone slapped on there) is SHOT. Knocks, eats oil like crazy, &...
  18. Boomstick

B&S engines FS:

2.50HP & 3.0B&S for sale. 2.50HP engine currently has tecumseh carb & intake on it. Runs GREAT. (I will include the original suction carb + tank & breather minus filter... filter disintegrated). $40. 3.0HP is 100% stock. Comes with hot-dog filter. Broken rewind spring. Runs, but needs a...
  19. Boomstick

Not quite a mini...

Not quite a minibike (this is an old photo), but hey, 42mph max top speed, & street legal in CT without reg or insurance... you only need a driver's license. I pulled an average of 110mpg when cruising at 28mph. I had just under 4000 miles on this engine before the bearings finally ate...
  20. Boomstick

Super painful & in dire need of assistance:

So, this evening I stubbed my toe on the kitchen table, and it really, really hurt. I think it's stopped hurting, but I'm not really sure, I think I'll be disabled from it though, because it hurts every time I step on it. My eye hurts too after I rubbed it because it itched. Every waking moment...