Search results

1. M

Has anyone used a brake drum with a 6 hole pattern that has a 3.25" bolt circle?

The wheel I am using has the 6 hole 3.25" inch bolt pattern and I am wanting to find a drum brake assembly that has the sprocket built in. If anyone has done this setup, please let me know. I am looking for the parts but many of the sites that sell combo brake drum and sprocket does not...
  2. M

I need help! Manco Disk Brake Installation

I have a brand new Manco type disk brake system. I understand how it works but would like to see how it was mounted so that I can adapt it to my mini bike. Instead of adding a separate disk I plan on using the sprocket instead. I have searched the forum and googled other sites but haven't...
  3. M

Anyone thought about a side car for a mini bike?

I think it would be a cool project. I have googled and seen some pics of them. Just wondered if anyone has done that. Mike
  4. M

Working with PHOTOS and how to better manage them on this forum...

Greetings everyone, Many times you might have noticed you can only upload photos of only a specific size. The magic size is around 6 mb. You can actually post more pictures if they are of smaller size. I use my phone and sometimes the pics end up being over the 6 mb. This problem can be...
  5. M

CYCLOPS RESTORATION - Conyers GA

I have had this for many years and originally put a Briggs 3.5 HP engine in it. My son rode it over 15 years ago. Now retired I am doing a better job of restoration. It will be powered by a Harbor Freight 6.5 HP engine. I think they call it the Predator. The wheels are just some 6 inch split...
  6. M

What does it take to get help from the webmaster or administrator for profile issues?

Since I first registered with this forum I have not been able to access the PHOTO tab. The private messages does not work correctly. Nothing shows in the sent folder and sending messages just flat out does not work as well. I have sent messages to the Webmaster and Admins and still no...
  7. M

Clutch, Chains and Sprockets info needed...

It appears that the typical mini bike uses #35 chain and sprockets but is limited on the sprocket size. I don't see them being less than 60 teeth. Clutch sprockets are like 12, 13 teeth etc. This seems to practical for most 3.5 HP engines. Would that be a reason to go with a #40 / 41...
  8. M

How do you determine the right ratio for gearing?

I have a 6.5 HP engine and wheels and tires are 6 inch wheels with 4.10x3.50x6 tires. I figure I will have a lot of tork with the 6.5 engine. So I am trying to determine the amount of teeth for the clutch and rear sprocket. It seems for most applications the #35 chain is typically used...
  9. M

Vintage Mini Bike Unknown and Rebuilding...

Greetings all! I found this mini bike about 15 years ago in NC while working near Ashville. I rebuilt it for my son and put a 3.5 HP engine on it. He had a great time with it and now it is time to rebuild it. This time I have a 6.5 HP engine. This bike is different because of the...