Search results

1. J

Clutch Brake Talk

There has been a lot of discussion on OldMiniBikes lately regarding clutch brakes. My foray into finding a solution for ADDING a clutch brake to my minibikes that would be both effective and compatible with my preferred clutch guards opened vistas of new understanding for me. I felt compelled to share it...
  2. J

Someone To Bend and Weld A Custom Header For Predator

Need 1" custom bent Predator header, underseat style like OldMiniBikes but more compact, shorter, flange welded, etc. contact me for details and quote. Thx, JB
  3. J

Birch Man

I've made no secret I'm a drummer and drums are my other great passion in life. They also add paltry sums to my income. Mainly though I've been lucky to accumulate some fine instruments over the years. In my "Drum Machined" post a few months ago I showcased my Trick Drums, a modern state of the...
  4. J

My New Baby: Part Deux

What goes around comes around, or more accurately something got easy, not easily got rid of. Like the 1968 Taco 99 Trail Tamer I bought last year from Havasu Dave. I was happy as a pig in slop with it, until one day..... The engine when I originally bought it was a heavily modified Briggs...
  5. J

New Slot Car Commercial

Hey guys, here's a new commercial I just produced for a Church in Oxford, Michigan. Thought you might get a kick out of it, I wrote it, shot it on my slot car track, did the music and voiceover, a 100% jbrocks production. Sheeeeeit, didn't even have too leave the house! You Southeast Michigan...
  6. J

Spawn Of My Spawn

Yes SHE is here! Spawn of my spawn #4. Indie Fawn Rocks. Gotta nice ring to it eh? She likes to jam right out of the box- er, womb- has all the right moves, makes all the right sounds....yup! I'm keeping her.:thumbsup: Here Indie gets her first drum lesson, something every child and...
  7. J

Bringing A Raptor Back Online

I've got a little diversionary project I'm doing that I plan on using this Briggs Raptor for it. It will be repainted. I got this engine back in 2009 but I don't really know that much about it other than it is a Raptor. And it runs! I got a couple questions on it, first is that a stock carb...
  8. J

Starting Difference

I have two identical set up clone engines on my minibikes, light mods (intakes/airfilter/header). Fresh NGK plugs. Both run great. Why does one motor very consistently start with just one pull while the other one takes five pulls? Starts great on the fifth pull, runs strong, no problems or...
  9. J

Reno Wounded Warrior Christmas Project 2014

One of my advertising clients is Double Diamond Athletic Club, an upscale gym here in Reno. Mike Shirley is the owner and I have worked with him for over 9 years. My wife is sales manager there and he also sponsors my minibike events and rideouts. For the last couple years Mike has been playing...
  10. J

Bad Dog Gigantic Ballon Tire Minibike

Thinnin the herd! The big guy gotta go! 2013 built Bad Dog Gigantic Balloon Tire Minibike with 10hp Tecumseh and Comet TAV. Runs perfect, less than 20 hrs on it still nubbies on the tires. Never taken off road or desert. Clean as new. 36mph top speed, great brakes. A real torque monster...
  11. J

Custom Built 1968 Taco 99 Trail Tamer

Thinning the herd! Custom built 1968 Taco 99 Trail Tamer full suspension minibike with race modified Briggs 5hp engine. One of a kind auto restoration quality restomod by OldMiniBikes member Havasu Dave, I bought it this last summer and rode it just 5 times. Loud n Proud this one. Pretty close to show...
  12. J

Cree Lights Mount Fix

I've written about Cree LED bike lights in other threads and I have fairly glowered over their brightness and decent battery life for small r/c nicads, and they totally solve the night lighting issue for minibikes with clones without lighting coils. The stock mounting "hardware", if you can call...
  13. J

American Cowboys

Got a cool gig filming the live feed for the American Cowboy Team Roping Asccociation Grand Championships all this week in Reno. If you're into horses n steers n roping n cowgirls, you can check it out at actra.org website, scroll down and click on the streaming video link. HEE HAH!:thumbsup...
  14. J

Lil Indian Brake Lever Changeout

I was out riding the other night and almost became a 'mini mishap':scared: when a car shot out in front of me from the sushi place parking lot and I was forced to hit the brake hard. It pulled way too easy - and didn't stop me either - because the brake lever fell apart in my hand!:censure: I...
  15. J

Happy Birthday Havasu Dave!!!

Dude, I see her a birthday hider too! Had to find out sideways in another thread, but happy birthday Dave! Many more to come, see ya in Reno soon:thumbsup:
  16. J

My New Baby

I been definitely hanging around you guys too long. I did the craziest thing and bought Havasu Dave's restored 1968 Taco 99 Trail Bike. I drove down from Reno to Lake Havasu, AZ over the weekend to pick it up and just got back late last night. View image in gallery View image in gallery...
  17. J

Clutch Toasty

Sounds like a cartoon character but it's not. I toasted my clutch this weekend. Max-Torque 11t Box Stock/Clone clutch I got a couple months ago, brass sleeve shot to shit.......:facepalm: View image in gallery View image in gallery Pretty sure I know why. I always ride on paved...
  18. J

Drum Machine

Since I am a very non famous drummer of almost no repute (yet!) and also being simultaneously a legend in my own mind:out: of course I have it built up in my imagination that all you simply COULD NOT WAIT any longer to see pics of my drums, so I treat you to a short pictorial tour of them...
  19. J

Facebook v OldMiniBikes

So I performed a little experiment, I signed up for Facebook for the first time. Mainly at the urging of a business associate who won me by asking how I could consider myself 'in the media' if I'm not on 'social media?' Up to this point, I have avoided Facebook for a multitude of reasons beyond...
  20. J

Some Kind Of DB...?

Saw this posted on Michigan minibike scene Facebook page, looks like some kind of DB but I've never seen this before. Is it a new factory model or a custom creation. Looks good actually. I'd be interested in this minibike. Love to find out. Anybody....???:shrug: View image in gallery