Search results

1. B

Where To Get A Honda Engine For My Mini?

I'd like to thank everyone for doing whatever you wanted to here except answering my question.
  2. B

Honda paid for all the development research and engineering and the rest. Most of the Honda engines used in the USA are made in the USA. People like you who buy crap from China (when you could simply buy the real thing made by good people who are our fellow Americans) are the worst among us...
  3. B

It's not about the money for me. It's about the ethics and principles. A couple hundred dollars more won't change my lifestyle but knowingly buying stuff from a country that uses millions of people in slave labor and worse would be a problem for me.
  4. B

Hi, I have an older mini for my kids that has an older engine that is a constant problem. So I'm done with taking my kids out to the Dez only to have that mini fail us. I'll save the old engine although it's not original. But I want a Honda for the bike so my kids can use it without any...
  5. B

Go Cart Wanted in So Cal

Hi, Am looking for a basic rear engine go kart. Don't mind doing some repairs and don't mind some parts missing including the engine. Something like the following would be great. https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/go-kart-chassis.167933/ Am in north San Diego County and work in...
  6. B

Do you have some more details? Maybe a picture? Thanks,
  7. B

I just Bought This Too For My Kid(s) Seller Claimed Late 1960s Cat Slingshot

Not to stir up trouble but other than eBay and CL what are the best sites for parts, new and used? Since you've been a great help on both the scoots I posted about I thought I'd tell you that the plan now is to make the Cat run reliable and safe and do a slow fix on the Rupp until I can find...
  8. B

Best Paint Remover Sorta...

Thank you Havasu Dave. We go to Parker a lot for skiing. Kinda grew up there on a lot of weekends.
  9. B

I Just Bought This For My Kid(s). Seller Claims It Is...

Great help! Thanks Markus. I'm gonna order the JACKSHAFT/SWING ARM BRACKET from Blackwidowmotorsports and am wondering if there are any other parts I should order at the same time, like a swing arm bushing? The way this project is changing (as I am educated on here) I think I'm gonna make...
  10. B

What parts should I order? Blackwidowmotorsports has the JACKSHAFT/SWING ARM BRACKET I need for the other Mini I posted about so I'm wondering if there is anything any of you recommend I get for this Mini from them at the same time? I'd rather buy used parts on here for several reasons...
  11. B

Thanks! There is in fact blue over the green but the blue looks like a flat mid blue. The wheels did not come with the bike. The seller bought the wheels at the Pomona Swap Meet separate from the bike. I think he said he paid $100 for them. The rear wheel looks larger than the front. I cannot...
  12. B

That is EXACTLY what she wants. Thanks for the great post. Perfect. Did you paint that yourself? If so was it a rattle can effort, a custom rattle can effort (the refillable bottles), or did you use automotive spray gear?
  13. B

What is the plate on the back for? License or light or both? None of the models in the ad have anything I can see mounted there.
  14. B

My daughter says "Blue! so it looks like it's gonna be a Digger she's gonna call a "Sprint!"
  15. B

HI, I have a couple of new scoots I've posted about in the US Vintage section trying to figure out exactly what I have. One, a Rupp apparently from 1969, has three layers of paint. I think the layer closest to metal is candy green. I'd like a paint remover that took the paint off in layers...
  16. B

HI, I have a couple of new scoots I've posted about in the US Vintage section trying to figure out exactly what I have. One, a Rupp apparently from 1969, has three layers of paint. I think the layer closest to metal is candy green. I'd like a paint remover that took the paint off in layers...
  17. B

Awesome reply! Thanks for that. I don't mind investing in it to return the frame to stock as it should be. Pretty sure I can fix the plate / engine mount problem by getting the exact dimensions from someone on here. My main concern about returning them to stock is I don't want that to...
  18. B

Well, I certainly understand that. But I want to get my kids riding as soon as possible on as reliable as possible a machine. I've looked on eBay and all the Craigslists in California and I'm not seeing any period correct engines. So my thinking is to get an engine that will have zero issues...
  19. B

If this rain stops tomorrow I'll get some paint remover and strip those areas.
  20. B

Hi Buckeye, I just got some images of the engine plate. Six images with one on each side of each peg and one of the front and back. I can't see a number. It could be faint though as the frame seems to have at least three coats of paint, perhaps a primer too. Does appear the original color...