Search results

1. R

Tech Tip: Recoil Starter Repair

I thought some of you guys may find this to be an interesting read. Scanned from a 1972 issue of MiniCycle (formerly known as Mini Bike Guide) :thumbsup:
  2. R

I thought some of you guys may find this to be an interesting read. Scanned from a 1972 issue of MiniCycle (formerly known as Mini Bike Guide) :thumbsup:
  3. R

4. R

Floyd Clymer (Indian Motorcycle Co.) Info

KKK made a comment about Floyd Clymer in my Christmas Mini Bike Buyers Guide (part 1) thread, so I figured I would reply with a new thread focusing on this topic. Whether or not we realize it, all of us gear-heads have, at some point in our fascination with 2-wheel (and 4-wheel) sports...
  5. R

Christmas Mini Bike Buyers Guide (Part 2)

OldMiniBikes website limits photos to 20 per post, so here is the remainder of the Mini Bike Guide - 1969 Christmas Buyers Guide. Again, Happy Holidays to one and all. Enjoy ! Resto
  6. R

Christmas Mini Bike Buyers Guide (Part 1)

When I posted a bunch of Mini Bike Guide scans last month, I mentioned that I would try to post the 1969 Mini Bike Guide Christmas Buyers Guide. After literally hours of scanning, cropping, enhancing and uploading scans to OldMiniBikes, here it is in its entirety. Extra special thanks to KKK for...
  7. R

Full-Color Post for glenn baine (and other Broncco fans) !

Official Broncco brochure. Published in May 1971 by BRONCCO DIVISION/Engine Specialties - Cornwell Heights, PA. Color photos, product descriptions and specs for both mini bike & minicycle offerings. Hopefully, this will be helpful information for any of you doing Broncco restorations. I...
  8. R

Anyone familiar w/ this Bonanza ? (MBG - Dec. 1969)

Bonanza Sport 50. Known as the "little brother" to the BC1500SH. 6-inch wheels - 6.5 hp, 50 cc Moto Morini engine - manual clutch - 4 speed tranny Full test, specs and photos:
  9. R

Cat Slingshot - April 1970 MBG test

Here is the full test of the Cat Slingshot. Scanned from April 1970 MBG. Resto
  10. R

Vintage Mini Bike Guide Scans

In the spirit of the Holiday Season - and if time permits - I plan to scan and post the entire 27 page 1969 MBG Christmas Buyers Guide for you guys. It contains many of the well known brands, but also has some real obscure bikes that some of you may enjoy revisiting (or seeing for the first...
  11. R

Bonanza CR400 Chopper (I think ?)

Just picked up what I believe to be a Bonanza CR400 roller. Maybe some of you Bonanza experts can confirm this. Bike is in overall decent shape. Of course, it's missing the original fuel tank, engine, clutch/chain guard and seat. Other than that, it looks to be a good platform for a...
  12. R

WTB: Rupp Tank (1970 or Later)

Want to buy a Rupp tank for my 1970 Scrambler project. Looking for a tank without major rust issues. Thanks !
  13. R

HF 212cc Predator - $99.99 This Weekend

A quick note for all of you clone enthusiasts..... I just got an email from Harbor Freight showing that 212 cc Predator engines will be on sale for $99.99 at this weekend's Parking Lot Sale (March 9, 10, 11)
  14. R

Sensation MB6 A

I've had a Sensation MB6 A frame (with high-speed forks) in my shop for years, but have never done anything with it due to it missing wheels, brakes....basically everything. Hard to believe, but a local CL posting titled "Mini Bike Parts" showed up out of nowhere on Thanksgiving Day...and...
  15. R

Fox Campus FX - Newest CL Find

Picked up this bike from a local CL listing this past Monday. Didn't really need it, but couldn't pass it up for the deal I got ! This is my first Fox. In 40 years of wheeling and dealing with mini bikes and motorcycles, it is honestly the first Fox that I have seen in person. There must...
  16. R

WTB: Fox Campus FX Rear Wheel w/ Sprocket

I need a rear wheel with sprocket for a Fox Campus FX. Wheels have spokes and I think they are 10" or so in diameter. The sprocket mounts on the right side of the wheel and also serves as the disc for the rear brakes. Also looking for: Footpegs Rubber covers for front fork springs...
  17. R

Some Pics of My Upholstery Work

After I mentioned that I occasionally do some upholstery as a hobby, I have had a couple of requests for some pics of my work. Thanks to everyone who has shown interest ! I sewed these seat covers for a few of my projects: Honda Z50 K2 : Black, heat-seamed marine vinyl for the top...
  18. R

Last Weekend's CL Find - Cat Eliminator

Last weekend, I found this Cat Eliminator posted on CL. Except for the missing air filter assembly and gas cap, it appears to be original and complete. It has the OEM clutch cover (with legible decal), kill switch plate, rear brake caliper, chain guide, kick stand, stars in the wheels, etc...
  19. R

Some Photos of My Allis Chalmers

Here are a few photos of an Allis Chalmers mini bike that I am working on. Occasionally, I will run "Want To Buy Old Mini Bikes" ads in the free local rag mags (Thrifty Nickel, Steals & Deals, etc.). I got a call from a guy who said he had an "Allison Chambers" bike that he wanted to sell...
  20. R

Introduction..finally decided to join in on the fun

I have been a member of this forum for a couple of years, but this is only my third post. I have been so thoroughly impressed by the knowledge of so many of the OldMiniBikes members that I have just kept my silence and learned a lot! Since the Honda mini bikes are my specialty, I finally felt the need...