1 hp = $120??!

oldfatguy

it is a nice and complete engine, the recoil starter is very rare. this would be a great engine for a collector or someone that wants to restore it. You are right the price is a bit high but like anything else it comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it. I would consider it if I lived closer but would offer him about half of what he is asking.

That's beautiful. Don't see many cast iron ones w/the recoil starter. When I was little my dad had a 50s vintage Cooper Clipper reel lawnmower w/that engine. I took it apart and couldn't figure out how to get it back together again. I'd love to have one, but not enough to have it shipped from LA.

That's beautiful. Don't see many cast iron ones w/the recoil starter. When I was little my dad had a 50s vintage Cooper Clipper reel lawnmower w/that engine. I took it apart and couldn't figure out how to get it back together again. I'd love to have one, but not enough to have it shipped from LA.
I had one exactly identical like 3 years ago in SUPER AWESOME NICE shape... Sold a pallet full of OLD engines that were worth WAY more than that 6S.. All as group of like 25, for 250 bucks.. :doah: Too damn cheap but I needed room and rent monies and was never gonna do anyhting with em.. :sad: Eh.. dude got a good deal and he loved em.. :shrug: Yeah it's kinda high for what it is, but it's a nice one.. No Kickstart Briggs Y but nice old iron engine never the less..

I have the same engine except its not restored nor have the recoil, but read that it is less than the 1HP. I do not use the engine other than to amuse myself but it is nice. This ad has been here for months!!!!