1969 CAT 250x

Hey Vsickle,

The Cat is looking great. Good photos too....a couple of those qualify for the 'mini bike pictures suitable for framing' thread...especially pic 13.

Question for you cat guys...I see Vsickle's foot peg's are folding....I just picked up what i believe is a cat 250x, but my footpegs are not folding...what year did that change occur ?...and were the folding footpeg models the 'newer' one's ?

Thanks, and keep up the good work Vsickle !! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I was told, the 69's had the solid pegs. The folding pegs was newer. :eek:ut:
Hey Vsickle,

The Cat is looking great. Good photos too....a couple of those qualify for the 'mini bike pictures suitable for framing' thread...especially pic 13.

Question for you cat guys...I see Vsickle's foot peg's are folding....I just picked up what i believe is a cat 250x, but my footpegs are not folding...what year did that change occur ?...and were the folding footpeg models the 'newer' one's ?

Thanks, and keep up the good work Vsickle !! :thumbsup:
the solid pegs are the given for the 69 bikes . and solid engine plate. i have seen some with the indentation being 69 too. ive seen a 70 with solid pegs. and engine indentation also. but there should be a serial number at the top right ??? or left???? if it starts with 9 then its for sure a 69 year model from my researches on here'.! and if its a 70 then the first two numbers. what year are all yours bikes????? some dont even have numbers i sold most of my cats all i have is a 69. solid peg no indentation.and i think the year change is 69/70 .. but their is some weird stuff going on, theyre all different, and we're always learning new stuff about them .......

and welcome vsickle looks like youre riding your secret spot by the fairplex, bad ass!!!! nice bike too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! and yawpp I'm always riding my secret spots by the fairplex. haha

I'm pretty sure the number on the plate started with a 9 but the paint is covering it now so I'll have to double check in the future.

I also have a 1969 Cat 400x and a 1970 Cat 350ss that I look forward to restoring and riding. :]