1970 Candy Sapphire Blue CT70 makes #3

It's mostly original except for the clone. It has what looks like 107ml stamped on the head and has a clutch. I am thinking of putting in a 125cc semi auto in it.

toomanytoys

It's mostly original except for the clone. It has what looks like 107ml stamped on the head and has a clutch. I am thinking of putting in a 125cc semi auto in it.
That would be the way to go. I must be getting lazy because clutches require too much work for me these days....

The paint looks mint.

Hey Randy , I am concerned that the trikes might be starting to feel neglected lol

Now all you need is a st90 to complete the set lol

Love the blue , one of my frames is that color :thumbsup:

3 CT70s take up the same space as 1 trike... LOL.... I took the 1970 blue one for a spin today. It needs a rear tire which is no big deal. I need to adjust the rear brake which is no big deal. I need the bolt and spring for the kickstand. Easy fix. Some other stuff....I am going to try and title the (2) 1970s and decide what to do. The red one I painted is mostly original. I haven't tried starting it yet. The 1972 orange one already has a title and runs well but needs the lights hooked up.probably new harness and 12v bulbs in place of the 6v.... I still want a clone because they already have the 125cc and are ready to register but I like the old ones because it gives me something else to fiddle with and they dont require blinkers because of their age.

I may just get a clone 125cc semi auto 4 speed... ... I haven't decided which to make my street legal one yet. I need to assemble my red one then decide. I need the weather to warm up... I work on my stuff outside under my carport. I feel like I am under house arrest right now... Lol

I may just get a clone 125cc semi auto 4 speed... ... I haven't decided which to make my street legal one yet. I need to assemble my red one then decide. I need the weather to warm up... I work on my stuff outside under my carport. I feel like I am under house arrest right now... Lol
Why semi autos? Why not straigt manual or automatic?

They either have a clutch and gears or gears and no clutch. I was wondering if the automatic "scooter" motors would bolt up but for now I like the torque of the semis. Its amazing how much low end these little 70cc motors have in first gear. Nice little wheelie machines.... The best part of the CT70 semi automatics is that where the clutch normally is on the left handlebar. There is a rear brake lever. It connects to the rear brake foot lever. So you can use your foot or hand to stop the rear wheel. I can tell you it comes in handy when loading it in the back of a pick up alone.just put on the rear brake with the hand lever and pull back to wheelie the bike onto the tailgate. Makes it so much easier.