2010 Baja Warrior MB200 - Lil Blue

Gotta get a gasket for the crankcase cover. RTV didn't work as it didn't allow enough clearance for the crankshaft/camshaft so the engine was binding. Gotta order the right gasket.
Hey, at least you're figuring it all out. :thumbsup: I learned the long way about gasket thickness and crank end play. It's amazing what the thickness of a piece of paper will do.

I just now learnt you had an E body in the yard! :thumbsup:

Yeah, amazing what a little piece of paper can do for you! :laugh:

Yeah, fix one thing, break another. The fun of having one od these little bikes! So long as it isn't half way on a long trip that something breaks! :doah:

Dave, how did you see that? Was it from one of the first couple of pages when someone asked if I had a Maverick or something?

Here's more info: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger/

Dave, how did you see that? Was it from one of the first couple of pages when someone asked if I had a Maverick or something?
I saw mention of it in another post of yours. The E is my favorite car period.

I don't want to run my lips too much in your Lil Blue thread, but here's a thumbnail of my 67 RT.

Have yet to get the mini bike engine back together but still worry about the bad vibration off idle which might be the crank shaft or connecting rod. Got the crankcase gasket last week but no time to put it in but in mean time scored a Honda engine off Craigslist in the form of a power washer. Might make a little trailer with the frame of the power washer.

Figure a recoil pull start which I might need eventually costs $40 or so off the Internet. For $10 more a got a Honda GX200 engine with it. The seller was wicked nice, even brought it to my house for me to look at as he was driving around with it. It should have the 3/4" shaft that I'm looking for hopefully so it should be able to use the current clutch assembly.

The current engine in the mini bike is a Chinese clone version of the Honda engine I just picked up. Need to run some carb clean through the Honda engine and clean the inside of the tank but it starts well and has a good low idle. Surges at high rpm and runs rich but at least it runs. Hopefully none of the junk in the tank got into the carb. We will see...

Amazing what a little paper gasket will do! And so much easier to assembly vs RTV stuff!

Got the gasket from Monster Scooter parts last week.

Got it back together with the new gasket, no binding! :laugh: Started right up! :laugh:

Took off the tank from the Honda, cleaned it out, some rust inside. Scraped it down, vacuumed it out and call it a day. Rust, eh...that's what filters are for... :laugh:

Hooked the tank back up and let some carb clean run through it and it seems a little smoother already. :smile:

Took it out for a ride, about 20 minutes, my first real ride. Actually feels a little bit better, less vibration, but what I'm doing is that because I have just started riding the Baja, before once the vibration starts I actually stopped accelerating.

After experimenting with the chain/clutch off, I now go past the RPM that the vibration occurs and it actually smooths out really nicely and has good pull.

I think I need to get a mini tach so I don't blow up the engine. :laugh:

I got a little horny this morning. :laugh:

I mean I bought a small horn today. :wink:

I got one of those squeezy horns to make the Baja more "street legal" as a horn is required. Target and Walmart didn't have anything good, got this at a local bike shop. Nice and loud, not squeaky and annoying.

Yesterday I wanted to just run the engines in the Baja and the pressure washer just to get the carb cleaner into the carb and stuff.

Man, I went to just slowly prime the Honda engine on the pressure washer a couple of times by pulling slowly and half way through the second slow pull the engine purred to life and ran nice! Wicked surprised it started so easily as it was tough to start when I got it and it doesn't surge as much.

If that Honda had a light coil in it I would swap it into the Baja in a heart beat. But still the clone engine has no governor in it so it might be fun...

Gotta do a GPS run to get the top speed! :laugh:

yesterday i had mine out and dropped the chain. cobbled it together using a couple of extra links i had. rode it again even though it was raining.

Just trying to budget what I do. Thanks for the info on the Honda light coil.

Money is tight so deciding as far as a tach/hour meter, torque converter and the Honda light coil. I might take it in that order as the tach might save the engine from over revving as there is no governor. I looked around online and I think I want to keep it under 5,000rpm. I think governed is like 3,600-3,800rpm.

Gotta go to Home Depot and get like 3 feet of chain and a padlock too.

yesterday i had mine out and dropped the chain. cobbled it together using a couple of extra links i had. rode it again even though it was raining.
Ha! Was thinking of you as I was riding the Baja in the rain today. :smile:

Downloaded a GPS app for my phone so I could see the top speed.

I ordered my tachometer and haven't gotten it yet so I didn't go crazy but 25mph is what it was doing today.

I'll get a better idea of the top speed once I see how much it is revving.

Last edited:
Scored a free snow blower off craigslist today. :laugh:

The ad didn't say what it was except for a Toro snow blower. I figured it was a single stage 3-5hp engine sort of deal since it was a Toro.

It was advertised yesterday at 5pm or so and didn't figure it would be around but I went for a 10 minute spin this morning and lo and behold it was there!

It's an old one, wicked heavy and it has a single pulley 8hp Tecumseh engine!

Something for the back burner. Besides, it was free!

The fuel shut off valve and fuel line was completely gummed up, gas wasn't even getting through. Cleaned it out and figured if that if the fuel line was gummed up the main jet was too. Will have to clean the carb. Will start with starter fluid. Project for the future.

Also, it has a weird tranny. Got to pull the case cover and check it out. from peeking inside through a crack it looks like it has some sort of transmission case, not a disk with a rubber wheel running on it like the MTD snow blowers I have seen. The tranny will need some investigating, maybe for a go kart or something weird in the future.