2hp Briggs, Maybe...

Hey all,

Went to a swapmeet and car show today and picked up yet another motor. There were 3 briggs, but I think that this was the best of the 3. I was after a 2hp aswell, as they are rare in my country :laugh: But, it has an 8c 3hp head on it. I'm yet to determine what it actually is by looking at the rod bolts. The 2hp have the rod bolts facing down, and the 3hp ones are on the side.

After fixing the ignition, a bit of engine start got it to run ok. Fired 3rd or 4th pull.

The rear seal is buggered and leaks oil. Does anyone know what the carb is called? It has no diaphragm. I need to know what gasket to buy for underneath it.

-Jackeo21

IMG_3481.JPG IMG_3482.JPG

Catfish is right if it has no diaphragm it's a Vacujet. Post up the model and serial number off the shroud and we can locate the exploded view on Partstree.com.

That old oil spout can on the bench is cool......:detective:

Thanks for the replies. I have taken the crankcase off and can say for sure that it is a 2hp. Upon further inspection I realised I had a copper engine! Which means the shroud, tank, filter and the bracket on the head are off another motor. I will post the numbers soon. Are copper 2hp's rare?

I was wondering if a 3.5hp cam would work? or a plastic cam out of a quantum? Would this give any benifits?

It appears (under further inspection) that someone sprayed a coat of red over the copper shroud, filter and head bracket.:eek:ut: Which means that the numbers are correct. :laugh: They are: 60102 0015-01 7307240. Got the piston out today, and it is in very good condition. The bore is also in good condition.

Hey all, I found some similar copper paint and got things cleaned up today. Its not VHT, but its automotive paint. Debating weather to do the head in high heat aluminium? :shrug: Not sure. Carb, Tank and Filter are finished :thumbsup: I'm just about to order parts and put her back together. Again, will a 3.5hp cam be better to use than the 2hp stock cam? IMG_3485.JPG IMG_3486.JPG IMG_3487.JPG