Alsport MTS-30, New toy

I picked up this MTS-30 over the weekend. Its in pretty nice shape but I will go through everything. The trike has a 5hp briggs installed with a centrifical clutch, I think I will be changing that. I would like to run a predator with the Tav if it will fit.:laugh: This trike is pretty small.:laugh:

I picked up this MTS-30 over the weekend. Its in pretty nice shape but I will go through everything. The trike has a 5hp briggs installed with a centrifical clutch, I think I will be changing that. I would like to run a predator with the Tav if it will fit.:laugh: This trike is pretty small.:laugh:

.....................................................:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
It might be small....but it sure is purdy !

I zoomed in on the pictures that paint looks great tires look new and seat is shinny you sure it's no new ...[emoji57]great find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I was just going to install a longer jackshaft so I could run a torque converter. I opened a hole can of worms.:laugh: Flipped the trike over to work on and there was a big crack in the frame.:doah: Then I went to take the jackshaft out and the small sprocket was welded to the shaft.:cursing: Now I'm involved.:laugh: Need to take the bearings out to get the shaft out..........Oh wait...........The bearings are welded to the frame.:cursing: Oh well, mine as well do everything now.:laugh: Took all day but I got all that stuff off.:thumbsup: There was also this weird plate welded on the back. I thought it was there to cover up a hole but when I turned the trike over, everything was good. So I cut that off also.:thumbsup: Cleaned up the crack real good and will take to my professional welder friend.

Nice to see you doing a project! That'll be fun--you and Robert can drag race each other at Windber!:laugh:
Thanks Pete. Trying to squeeze in a project.:laugh: My buddies welding shop was closed today so tomorrow is another day. I got the rear all apart and the bearings off the axel. The rear looks pretty good but the sprocket is way bent. Ordered new sprocket and those fancy axel bearings. Cleaned it up a little. Thickest old grease I have ever seen on a frame. I would say I scraped 2 cups of crud.:laugh: I just cleaned the bearing clamps up some as they was pretty rusty under the 1" of crud.