Alsport MTS-30, New toy

Parts arrived today.:clap: I did get most of the parts installed. Made a new chain also. Can't believe I don't have the proper master link.:laugh: Some things need to be lined up a little better but I'm gaining on it.

BEFORE

AFTER

Think I'm done.:laugh: Just waiting for a chain guide that's not really necessary but I don't like whats on there. New 212 predator engine. Wouldn't fit with gas tank so I had to make a bracket and mount one of the round tanks...I like the look. New jackshaft with sprocket and bearings. (had to cut the old jackshaft and bearings off because everything was welded). New rear sprocket and chain. Replaced the 4 axel bearings, serviced the rear, cracks welded in frame, cut off some weird plate that was welded on the back, new TC series 30, drilled 2 holes in the top of seat so it could be bolted to the bar....the seat was just sitting on the bar. I think that's all I did.:laugh: Took it for a ride tonight and it runs great...FAST... ..Oh, forgot to put the front fender back on.:laugh:

Great job Karen !

The 3.5 on ours is giving me issue, and was considering possibly replacing it with a predator...but am not sure as the predators are so powerful. With the predator motor, and tc, does the front end want to come off the ground at all ?

Thanks, and keep up the good work....:thumbsup:

It definitely has some power.:laugh: Instead of the 212 predator, get the smaller engine. I think its 97cc that is around 3hp. The torque converter makes a huge difference.:thumbsup:

I was riding the trike today and it kept stalling.:eek:ut: I thought maybe some junk got it the carb so I pulled the bowl. No gas in the bowl.:eek:ut: I turned both gas valves on and no gas coming out, very weird. When I opened the gas cap, here comes the gas.:laugh: Seems the cap was not vented and I must of had it on loosely before. Fixed that with a ice pick.:laugh: I didn't like how the throttle wasn't very smooth, had a couple kinks. Installed new throttle cable with the assistance of my helper. Put the front fender back on. I'm 98% done but it runs awesome.:thumbsup: Just need to put on a new chain roller and some Loctite on the jackshaft sprocket screws, the screws keep coming loose. Not sure it really even needs the screws as it has a built in key way.

125ccCrazy

looks great Karen...the predator fits really nice back there...any plans to mod the engine?

I finally got some primer on my frame and body today...should be ready for a seat for the little one soon..

looks great Karen...the predator fits really nice back there...any plans to mod the engine?

I finally got some primer on my frame and body today...should be ready for a seat for the little one soon..
Thanks Randy. After I run it for a while stock, I might do a few extras to the engine. I hate to mess with the engine because it starts on the first pull.:thumbsup: I started making the pattern today for the MTS30 seat from a original seat. I'm going to re-do my bottom seat, but leaving the back part of the seat alone. John did pretty good making those seats for his first try.:thumbsup:

That trike is just bad a$$....:thumbsup:

Karen...the suspense is killing me....

inquiring minds want to know...

about this new friend...?...:laugh:

What'cha gettin' now...?

Last edited:
Great rebuild Karen but it's not Tri-Sport Orange LOL. The addition of the Torque Converter was a great thing. I think all that frame damage was because of someone jumping that small trike. One great looking ride now.

Steve

Great rebuild Karen but it's not Tri-Sport Orange LOL. The addition of the Torque Converter was a great thing. I think all that frame damage was because of someone jumping that small trike. One great looking ride now.

Steve
Well, that was the color when I bought it and its not a bad paint job.:thumbsup: I hate orange.:laugh: