Aluminum flywheel on an HS50 or OHH60?

125ccCrazy

I was looking on ebay at alum flywheels for Tec engines, found a few on there that look like the timing will be the same along with the diameter and was curious if anyone has tried one on thier engine?? I believe the H30-H50 and Ohh50-ohh60 all take the same flywheel... at least the h50 and ohh60 do along with nearly every internal part will interchange like cranks, piston, rod, cam.

Before I get blasted about using a NON billet flywheel these should be safe under a load to 6000 maybe 6500, free reving the engine is what causes these to fly apart at high rpms.

I don't think the flywheel ever has a load on it. RPM is RPM. When the centrifugal force exceeds the band strength, it comes apart.Hopefully that will occur at a RPM above your operating Rpm.

The hs30 and hs35 aluminum flywheels are different than the ones for the hs40 and hs50. As far as RPM the Rupp guys have modified HS50 turning about 7000 to 7500 rpm on there Rupps and using the stock Aluminum flywheels that Tecumseh made for them on the engine with points. The H50 and up flywheels probably will not fit behind the cover and do no know if they will work. Call Brandt with Rupp parts he done a lot to these engine for his Rupps. It could save you some money before buying anything that not going to work with the HS50.Rupp parts phone number 636-931-7330 central time zone.

I have a toro aluminum 3.5 horse flywheel on my hs50 tecumseh, it really revs up quicker, its been on the bike at least ten years. it doesnt have a governor, but i dont know what th rpms are. but so far so good!