Always check the barn

Wish I could retire like this.

A New York man retired. He wanted to use his retirement money wisely, so it would last, and decided to buy a home and a few acres in Portugal.

The property had a modest farmhouse and a large, concrete block barn. The farmhouse had been vacant for 15 years. The owner and his wife both had died, and there were no heirs. The property was being sold to pay back taxes. Several prospective buyers had looked at the property, but no one was interested. The large barn had steel doors that had been welded shut. Nobody wanted to go to the extra expense to see what was in the barn, and the structure wasn't complimentary to the property anyway. Nobody made an offer on the place.

The New York retiree bought it at just over half of the property's worth, moved into the farmhouse, and set about to tear in to the barn. Curiosity was killing him. So, he and his wife bought a generator and a couple of grinders and cut through the welds. What was in the barn?

The value of all of these vehicles added up to $35 million dollars. The retiree and his wife had full and complete claim to the entire find. They're enjoying a great retirement!

The barn.

The doors had been welded shut, but an angle grinder took care of that.

Aston Martin

Porsche 356, Austin Healey Sprite MkII, Volvo PV 544, Ford Y

Giulietta Sprint, Giulia Sprint Speciale (SS), Nash Metropolitan

Alfa Giulietta, Lotus Europa, another Lotus Elan FHC, Matra Djet.

Lancia Flaminia Coup.

Abarth 1300 Scorpione.

Interior of Alfa Romeo.

Lancia Flaminia Coup, Peugeot 504 cabriolet & 404 cabriolet.

Mini, Alfa 1900 Super Sprint, Balilla.

Fiat Topolino II, Triumph TR4, Peugeot 202.

BMW V8, Formula racers, Chryslers, Mercedes, Austin A30.

It was 180 cars and collection is real but the story is BS according to near every google post and there are many, it sure would be nice to find that many cool cars in a property you bought but the likeliness of any seller of such a property overlooking all that is seemingly impossible. Just sounded too good to be true from the drop. There are photos of the collection in question, someone amassed quite a group of fine autos and someone really owns them. There's even a youtube video of it.

You always hear of these types of stories mainly on Facebook aka facelips. Me on the other hand am so unlucky that I bought a scratch off lottery ticket and it said I owe more money hahaha :freakout:

A few years ago there was a guy in northern Wisconsin that had filled several semi trailers with many valuable muscle cars and parts, he welded the doors shut and parked them back to back and flattened the tires. After his death his family ended up selling the whole lot to one guy, who in turn shipped all of it to the east coast and auctioned it all off. True story:thumbsup:

A few years ago there was a guy in northern Wisconsin that had filled several semi trailers with many valuable muscle cars and parts, he welded the doors shut and parked them back to back and flattened the tires. After his death his family ended up selling the whole lot to one guy, who in turn shipped all of it to the east coast and auctioned it all off. True story:thumbsup:
Cool story Mark. :thumbsup: Many eccentric folks around this world.

Another story kinda like this is here in Wisconsin,Barron ,Wi. I bought acouple bikes from him and parts and Delray picked out a speedway chopper from him,this guy had 2 rows of Harley dirt and enduro's ,a room full of Harley motors and parts,right around 70 of them,70 minibikes at 1 time and motors and parts,some older cars. I have no idea were it all went to but he had to get it all moved out of this building because the city bought the building,he claimed to have more at his house but he would never take me there and he might have died now because he don't respond to email or phone.this was acouple years ago now.