American Pickers passed on this!

NorCal

Nicest "celebrity" I ever meet was Emeril Lagasse for the Food Network. I did personal security for him when I was younger, and he was hands down the nicest most down to earth guy I ever met. My entire job was to hide his 5 girlfriends from his wife, he was always grateful and he showered my team with free food and gifts, rofl.

It does seem like more times than not,, Actors & Musicians ect.,, that seem nice on screen & stage,, are '' a lot of times'' - major douche bags in real life.
Funny also,, that the ones that play the dick heads on screen ect,, ''for the most part'',, are actually really cool people in real life.

I74

Nicest "celebrity" I ever meet was Emeril Lagasse for the Food Network. I did personal security for him when I was younger, and he was hands down the nicest most down to earth guy I ever met. My entire job was to hide his 5 girlfriends from his wife, he was always grateful and he showered my team with free food and gifts, rofl.
Did he share the leftovers ??
I was talking about his Girlfriends. LMFAO !!!!! :p

pickers and gas monkey are the two shows solely responsible for ruinin bein able to buy and sell things. Here in se ky, what old vehicles haven't been crushed for meth money are worth "millions", even though everything rusts away to dust here after a few years on this constantly wet ground. Every damn thing has become "vintage" or a "survivor". Pretty much took a lot of fun out of messin with old vehicles for me. Hence why i am into mini bikes in a big way. About to sell off all my torinos and ford stuff here soon, now i have to deal with the wannabe richard rawlins ugh

NorCal

pickers and gas monkey are the two shows solely responsible for ruinin bein able to buy and sell things. Here in se ky, what old vehicles haven't been crushed for meth money are worth "millions", even though everything rusts away to dust here after a few years on this constantly wet ground. Every damn thing has become "vintage" or a "survivor". Pretty much took a lot of fun out of messin with old vehicles for me. Hence why i am into mini bikes in a big way. About to sell off all my torinos and ford stuff here soon, now i have to deal with the wannabe richard rawlins ugh
Nobody considers a Ford to be worthwhile vehicle, so hopefully you won't have too many issues with folks hunting for classics.

Sorry, you walked into that one . . . :p

NorCal

Maybe I'm an odd man out, but if I had the money and space I'd have one of each. Pretty much can't go wrong anywhere 1960-1972 for American Iron. I even love oddball AMC.
Growing up I lived next door the Head Engineer for the AMX project. He passed away very young, but his kids were my age. So in their father's honor they were all AMX people and restored some pretty sweet ones. I've always had a soft spot for those AMX's.

I74

Growing up I lived next door the head Engineer for the AMX. He passed away very young, but his kids were my age. So in their father honor they were all AMX people and some pretty sweet ones. I've always had a soft spot for those AMX's.
I was just getting ready to comment nightgriders post on AMC's,, in bringing up the AMX's myself.
Frigg'n quick SOB's , & for an 8th mile,, they were just about untouchable.
They were & are,, very special cars.
Not once have I ever heard anyone say that an AMX was slow.
Most the Guys I know back in the day that had them ,, still do.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm an odd man out, but if I had the money and space I'd have one of each. Pretty much can't go wrong anywhere 1960-1972 for American Iron. I even love oddball AMC.

there was plenty of muscle past 72, just got harder to find. I was actually gonna build my torino to run in the pure stock musclecar drags, most of the post 72 stuff runs just as good as the early 60-67 stuff. It was only the few select cars that really moved on out. a 70 chevelle with a 325 hp 396 with 2.73 gears, was no real big deal or a 390 gta fairlane, same thing.. I love me some mopars, amc's and gm stuiff but always had the best luck with old fords. I also like oddball stuff, much rather see a good runnin aspen super coupe or 73 gto over the cookie cutter 69 camaro, 70 mustang, 70 chevelle etc.

nightgrider

there was plenty of muscle past 72, just got harder to find. I was actually gonna build my torino to run in the pure stock musclecar drags, most of the post 72 stuff runs just as good as the early 60-67 stuff. It was only the few select cars that really moved on out. a 70 chevelle with a 325 hp 396 with 2.73 gears, was no real big deal or a 390 gta fairlane, same thing.. I love me some mopars, amc's and gm stuiff but always had the best luck with old fords. I also like oddball stuff, much rather see a good runnin aspen super coupe or 73 gto over the cookie cutter 69 camaro, 70 mustang, 70 chevelle etc.
I agree. I mostly just love cars in general. I usually can find something in about any era that I like. I only stopped at 1972 because 1973 is pretty much the major drop off in hp. That doesn't mean there wasn't any good cars after 1972. It is just a different era. I totally agree on the '73 GTO's and the Aspens. Great looking cars.

Last edited: