An Ebay seller on crack

capguncowboy

I've been watching this guy's listings for the past year. Normally, his prices are high, but recently, they've just gotten out of control.

Rupp Rupp MIN Bike 1968 TT500 Rupp Minibike Vintage Minibike Cycle Scooter | eBay

Rupp Rupp Mini Bike Vintage Minibike Digger C350 Continental | eBay

Rupp TT500 Roadster Goat Scrambler RAM XL500 XL350 C350 Cub Continental | eBay

Rupp Rupp Mini Bike Vintage Minibike Digger C350 Continental | eBay

The most unbelievable part is that he has successfully sold some stuff for these outrageous prices.

I just don't get it.

capguncowboy

Dont get me wrong, he has a lot of parts -- and some hard-to-find stuff, and some of it is even NOS. I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay... to each their own I guess

I have bought things from him in the past. They weren't the cheapest, but they were in good condition, more reasonably priced, and he had them. Not interested in these things now tho.

Actually, it is part of a greater plan that he, myself, mojacker, Jamie, and some others have devised to drive the Rupp parts prices (and value) up a couple of notches.

I plan to start selling my restorations beginning at $20,000. Don't wait before they are all spoken for!

0329151915a.jpg

0330150851a.jpg

PS: Seats will run an additional $500.

Last edited:

Jamie1972

I have bought things from him in the past. They weren't the cheapest, but they were in good condition, more reasonably priced, and he had them. Not interested in these things now tho.

Actually, it is part of a greater plan that he, myself, mojacker, Jamie, and some others have devised to drive the Rupp parts prices (and value) up a couple of notches.

I plan to start selling my restorations beginning at $20,000. Don't wait before they are all spoken for!

View attachment 72978

View attachment 72979

PS: Seats will run an additional $500.
:shifty:

markus

Scott (that ebay seller) has got a ton of rupps, I think he told me has like 6 or 7 just TT500's or something like that. Big pre '70 enthusiast! He's been a good customer over the years. Has had me do a bunch of small stuff for him as of recently, I think hes been cleaning up alot of his complete original bikes that have been sitting around untouched.

Scott (that ebay seller) has got a ton of rupps, I think he told me has like 6 or 7 just TT500's or something like that. Big pre '70 enthusiast! He's been a good customer over the years. Has had me do a bunch of small stuff for him as of recently, I think hes been cleaning up alot of his complete original bikes that have been sitting around untouched.
I've delt with Scott too on eBay and later outside of eBay (bought and sold stuff). He's a good guy. He's got a lot of nice stuff. He bought a bunch of his stuff at the peek of mini bike prices like 10 years ago. He probably paid top dollar then. He was telling me he couldn't believe he couldn't sell a certain item he had listed a couple months ago for $275. He said 10 years ago they would sell in a matter of seconds for $500.

Jamie1972

I think it's great and amazing he has all these Rupp parts (Pre 70) on card......
And (we) need these caliber of parts for restorations...The prices are just high...Too high. (IMO)
I guess at this point in the Minibike game there's the collector/hobbiest that'll pay these kinds of prices....
Then there's the Hobbiest/collector who won't... Depends on how serious you take these toys:scooter:

I guess at this point in the Minibike game there's the collector/hobbiest that'll pay these kinds of prices....
Then there's the Hobbiest/collector who won't... Depends on how serious you take these toys:scooter:
It's only a matter of time until they truly become like any other collectible. I mean they are to some of us already, collectibles I mean, but they haven't really met their peak yet. There may have been a height they reached 10 years ago but the peak I'm talking about is when all the high end car collectors decide they'd like to have them sitting in their show rooms with all their high end collectible cars.

capguncowboy

I agree that he has some great stuff, but his prices are completely unrealistic on some stuff. I've dealt with him in the past and he seems to, from time to time, have more than fair prices. It just seems like recently, he's shooting for the moon.

I understand that 10 years ago... but I can't understand expecting that same price now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I bought a new clutch bell like his about 6 months ago off of EBay for $80. Not that they come up real often but when they do not many people bid on them, going for the new Max-Torques instead which give you a more solid shift instead of what I call the sloppy shift. So his price may be a stretch by a little. Especially since he paid $16.50 for it. And the clutch guard mount can be purchased in a re-popped form from Black Widow for $59 instead of the $200 he is asking. If he sells the items, good for him. But if not, he can always re-price it or wait for prices to climb.