anybody notice?

MiniBike Paul

That "front page test" is wonderful!! Never heard that before!

Years ago I presented a similiar idea, to return something I really had no right to return because I was sure the seller would not notice, to my dad; he quite simply said to me that ,yes, I would be able to get away with it, but first I had to decide who I was; and that if I decided that I was a crook, why screw around with small stuff, rob a bank!

I got his point clearly! Stealing, cheating, taking advantage of the other guy's weakness, is easy, you just have to decide who you are!!!

And then there is also that "golden rule" problem I always have!

Everyone on here who owns his own business for sure knows what I am talking about!

.. GM denied the warranty and the owner stood there in the service bay and cried like a baby. I stood behind my tool box and laughed at him. He was trying to screw GM out of a new warranty engine and he got caught. You modify it, you own it. Warranty void
That would make a killer off topic discussion video. Maybe someone could video their buddy taking the engine back without the buddy knowing and put the video up as an academic lesson. Full zoom in facial close up of course:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would think that this hobbie has boosted the sales of the 6.5 thereby paying our dues!And what Vette66__00 said about the way they dispose of the returned engines I have no moral issue with giving them back the remains of a grenaded modded clone, as long as the parts are all in the box! Given the fact HF is flooding the market with inferior chinese crap tools and other products clones included, sticking it to them once in a while is in order! The favored nation trading china enjoys signaled the end of manufacturing jobs in our country, so I wont lose any sleep over someone taking advantage of the cursory inspection practices of HF tools where the clones or anything else is concerned! This is not a moral issue IMO just standard buisness practice, I had a car audio buisness in the 90s and we returned tons of abused products under warranty with no complaints from the suppliers! It is built into the cost and works itself out in the end! This subject has been visited before and I had the same opinion! And if someone does'nt want to do buisness with me due to my stand on this issue it is too bad, I stand behind anything I sell and I pay quickly when buying, my Ebay feedback is 100% and my one transaction with a member here went smoothly as well! I am honest, I just dont see the problem here! They have to know by now what we and others do with the clones, think about it! If they are getting the engines back in pieces they have already realized we modify them, and if it really mattered to them they would already have a system in place to deny the warranties on the modded ones! Such as a better inspection process at the stores, they never will because they are making money hand over fist and dont care! So we'll see how it shakes out but I wont waste another keystroke on this dead horse subject! :hammer::hammer::hammer:

You've got to be kidding, right?

Anybody notice that when you take your clone back to Harbor Freight in the box they never check? Good way to rip them off and keep some part i guess.
Another thing i was thinking was putting an old 5.5 hp tec that isnt working in the box and taking it to them.

What happens when they find out that you have kept parts or gave them a different engine?

Don't you have that little voice in the back of your head that says, "This is the wrong thing to be doing"?

It's crap like this that is turning our "once great nation" into just another 3rd world country. We use to have a lot more rights and freedom, but with those rights and freedom came "responsibility". When people started acting more "irresponsible" (like what you are implying you are doing in this instance) our rights and freedoms get taken away. Besides that, if everyone did what you are suggesting, the price of those engines would go up.

I guess you don't have the common sense to feel ashamed of doing what you mentioned. And to think I served our country to help protect the freedoms of people like you. Pull your head out and start thinking before it's too late.

I guess if you if have to ask if something is wrong you probably know the answer.

I cant say I am an angel though. When I was a kid I would buy new albums at the local Conleys store. Then I would take off the celephrane and save it.I would go to garage sales and buy used albums (didn't matter what it was) I would put the new celephane on the used album and take it back to the store. They wouldn't give you money back but you could exchange it. I would take in a Nat King Cole album and walk out with the latest Black Sabbath :laugh: They never caught on. But that was when I was a young punk . I would never have the balls to try it now. I hate China , but I like having a place close to get cheap tools and motors. So the last thing I wanna do is drive them outta business or drive up the clone prices.:scared:

Before you all pile on me , please understand that was 35 years ago.lol

when i ran my retail store I had some one buy a computer part from me then return a part that was broken and get there money back and they were arrested on retail theft its no joking matter it could land you some real time

that just stupid and childish...even if they are a store that sells cheap Chinese stuff, doesn't mean you have to shit all over them by doing that crap! that just disgusts me... have some morals! put yourself in their situation!