Anyone know what kind of bolt this is?

I haven't contacted fastenal yet, but I looked on the website. Couldn't find anything exactly like it.

I was thinking it was a binding post, but I can't find a tapered socket head. The monoshock I just ordered had 2 just like it, but I need the third for the top of the seat mount.

CarPlayLB

I used a metric button head allen with an acorn nut on the other side on my Murray. Those original bolts rust and get ugly way too fast!

On my first murray, I did the same thing, but with two acorn nuts and allthread. The only reason I'm going down this road is the new mono shock had the exact same bolts.

CarPlayLB

I did some extensive looking when I got my Murray and never found anything. they are called mating bolts, or sex bolts. Change em all!

Just use a 5/16 bolt ! almost exact size of the shock mounting hole , if not I may have one around as I normally don't use them because I use 5/16 bolts !!

Those aren't standard that's why such difficulty locating. It maybe common oversea,but manufacturers love to have fasteners created for their own application. I would pursue it as a replacement part. I seriously doubt that to be alloy steel anyhow & which socket heads are.
I would do as others have said and replace all of them with a standard Button Socket Cap Screw....maybe in stainless steel for looks.

T-Town Mini

I haven't contacted fastenal yet, but I looked on the website. Couldn't find anything exactly like it.

I was thinking it was a binding post, but I can't find a tapered socket head. The monoshock I just ordered had 2 just like it, but I need the third for the top of the seat mount.

Buy another shock and just use the bolt from it. :shrug: