Are You Worse off Than You Were Four Years Ago

YES

We have seen our retirment income go down by 20%. My health insurance was $150 a month in 2008. It is now $700 a month. 2008 two rib eyes cost us $12 now $50. A butterball turkey was $17 now $40. Last month our price for water doubled. The price of gasoline has doubled.
If the Bush tax cuts are gotten rid of. We will not be able to afford to pay them.
We will be homeless by the end of next year if this keep up.
No if and's or but's!

But ya know what...we will be just like all the 1000's of others that moved here from California. In the last three years. We call them, "Calfionia Refugees". They live in RV on deserts. So...... we won't be alone.

Bullhead

YES[/B]

We have seen our retirment income go down by 20%. My health insurance was $150 a month in 2008. It is now $700 a month. 2008 two rib eyes cost us $12 now $50. A butterball turkey was $17 now $40. Last month our price for water doubled. The price of gasoline has doubled.
If the Bush tax cuts are gotten rid of. We will not be able to afford to pay them.
We will be homeless by the end of next year if this keep up.
No if and's or but's!

But ya know what...we will be just like all the 1000's of others that moved here from California. In the last three years. We call them, "Calfionia Refugees". They live in RV on deserts. So...... we won't be alone.

Bullhead

Not only that but were making the same pay rate.

Valocalrep

50/50

I cant really say yes or no, 4 years ago i was bedrested at the age of 20, My mom was still alive and everything was a big cluster. Now in present time im 24 i have a wonderful women, my mom passed away 2 years ago tho. Life has its ups and down, Money will come and go, stress will come and go. i have learned to enjoy life while i have it and enjoy what i have. Simply put take the good with the bad and enjoy the little things. Hopefully there will be a tomorrow.

Hell yes !!!!:hammer:

But its becuz of assholes like Romney who made a living shutting down manufacturing plants. So who is really the lesser of two evils is what it comes down to these days.

Is the sky blue? does a bear Sh....well you know. Of course we are. Who would not be. ( other than members of the Obama Regime who get illegal monies from abroad for the election) Each and every household has been taxed an additional 3,800 bucks this year and for what?

Is the sky blue? does a bear Sh....well you know. Of course we are. Who would not be. ( other than members of the Obama Regime who get illegal monies from abroad for the election) Each and every household has been taxed an additional 3,800 bucks this year and for what?
those vacations & jet fuel cost money ya know:mad2:

Well lets have a look.
The last four years.....last four years....hmmm

My wife lost her job.(still not working)

We lost our house
(the prez said he had plans to help people but the banks didnt seem to know about them :shrug:)

I lost my job but luckily got hired by the company that took over my former job :doah:.

Our healthcare is costing us more than ever.

But we now live in a home that we own outright we have a visa and one other small loan and two 05 vehicles that we own plus a few toys.

So we might be better off but only because we left our home which is most likely going to come back to bite us any time.

I have been paying down our debts and I'm working towards not ever oweing anyone any money EVER EVER EVER again.

I plan to stay out of the borrow money now pay later crap as much as I can.

Flat out I think obama blow it by ramrodding healthscare down our throats while doing NOTHING to fix/help the economy during the same time.

Well I would say I am a lot better off. I was one who always bought my cars cash only had a mortgage no other debt. $ years ago my retirement savings (40 years of savings) took a huge hit. This was because of the market meltdown and some stupid decisions I made for a financial advisor. Anyway got a new one the market has come back and all my lost money is back thru investing and saving like mad the last few years I worked. I was a development engineer and all our work was moving to China factories like foxconn and compal. My son finished college and I was now in a position to retire. My boss asked our team if anyone was wanting to get laid off as the company was giving a severance package including cobra coverage and money based on years of service. In addition I could collect unemployment. So I retired two years ago and haven't looked back best 2 years of my life. Unfortunately I have to go for hip replacement in a couple of days but all in all much better off.

I'd say yes and no.

In terms of things the President has an affect on no. Me and my family are paying less in taxes. My daughters health insurance garnered her a rebate due to "Obama care". My wife and I didn't, because of different rules for HMOs.

In those things the government has little or no control over, yes. Gas, of course, is out of control. Although, as I type this, a teaser for the evening news mentions that it's coming down, even if it's only a little. Food has gone up, but in most cases is a result of flooding diminishing crops, or drought producing small crops. And with these factors, feeding and watering cattle and such has increased costs.

The bottom line is that the programs that Obama and the Dems have gotten through have had some success. They stopped the free fall that the economy was in, and have brought unemployment down. The Republicans have had good success in stopping the Left in most cases, putting party before Country, which I personally find so UN-Patriotic. It boggles the mind that the Right seriously thinks that a return to the ideology and practices that got us in this mess in the first place is the answer to getting us out of it.

And;

So your telling me that the past four years have been Romney's fault? um, ok...
He certainly helped. Just think about Bain Capital "leading the charge" in moving manufacturing jobs out of the country, and try to believe he didn't have anything to do with this mess.

trying to use Romney as an excuse for what has happened in the past four years is admitting that the Obama administration has driven this country to the ground. It's time that they (Obama administration) take responsibility for what has happened. Im sick of hearing "its all bush's fault" as well.

great job in Libya as well. only four Americans slaughtered there. video my a$$. and all the transparency. if you can see through walls. my favorite is Obamas " my way or no way", then blame republicans for gridlock, and don't forget all the balanced budgets from the dem senate."we have to pass the bill, so we'll know what's in it":censure::censure: Romney, Romney, Romney exec. orders, go around congress. on & on. i'm voting for the American this time{did last time too, McCain}

Last edited:

Oldsalt

So your telling me that the past four years have been Romney's fault? um, ok...
When it is a matter of religion [liberalism is a faith based religion] there is no sense bringing up obvious facts such as:

It is Obama's kitchen.

It's Obama's recipe.

It's Obama's cake.

But Obamaism requires blind faith and blaming men from Mars or Romney makes sense to them.

Its Sad to to say, but it makes me feel a little better to know we're not in this alone. Even on our side of the pond things are'nt great.
They keep saying out CPIX is under 6% yet a block of butter 4 years ago was R15 and now its R30 - 6% my :censure: They just make sure all the staple goods they use for CPIX stay at 6% and then milk it on every thing else.

About 12 years ago I used to party alot with my cousin, she's now in Seatle.
Could buy a braai pack , pack of rolls , two bags on chips , chip dip , 750ml Rum, 2l coke , pack of smokes and still have change from a R100. All up today if I still smoked that would be R250

Still if you look around there is still joy to be found - have my two boys, my mrs and my mini's :thumbsup:

Better off but Obama had nothing to do with it nor did any president, I made a good financially safe life for myself and am virtually debt free. I have a home equity loan I could pay off but it would actually lower my credit score so I pay on it, once paid off I'll get a new truck loan to keep the score up. Smart planning and some luck set me for life but I know many are struggling and I hope they can turn things around regardless of who is elected, we all have it in ourselves to succeed if we work hard enough.:thumbsup: