Bad buying experience from OldMiniBikes members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come up with a few rules that I will apply to any further purchases from OldMiniBikes members based on my current purchase which has not been resolved, and my friend Cheezy's recent purchase, which is supposed to be resolved soon.

(1) Before I send payment I will have the sellers complete name, address, age and phone number.

(2) I will not send any more paypal payments as a gift. Paypal wants their fee's and will back me up as a buyer if the seller defaults.

(3) If my current situation with the seller is not resolved by within the next couple days, I will post his username here.

(4) Of course, these rules apply to me as a seller. If you buy something from me, I will send you my full contact information before payment. And also, you will get what I advertised, shipped pronto, with rights to return if not as advertised.

Last edited:
its sad to see things like this become necessary.
i guess ill never be able to sell anything to ya . ya cant find me on the net or the phone books . oh well

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I would like to know who this person is myself. The person sounds young, and I like to give young people a little lead way, because I once was the young guy selling stuff years ago.

I would like to know who this person is myself. The person sounds young, and I like to give young people a little lead way, because I once was the young guy selling stuff years ago.
I'm the first one to give everyone a break, regardless of age.
I used to clip flyers out of magazines and mail off a check from my mom for parts, work it off for 2 weeks by doing yard work and be happy when my sprocket arrived 6 weeks later. That was 1975, It's different now.

vette66_00

Do me a huge favor before you get yourself banned. Please PM Hent with all the details and let him make the decision on what to post and what not to post. If we have the same shit as last time, all involved will be on 2 week vacations. No questions asked.

I agree if somebody is dicking the dog with shipping something they should be outed, but please run it by Hent first.

Do me a huge favor before you get yourself banned. Please PM Hent with all the details and let him make the decision on what to post and what not to post. If we have the same shit as last time, all involved will be on 2 week vacations. No questions asked.

I agree if somebody is dicking the dog with shipping something they should be outed, but please run it by Hent first.
I am gonna take a guess and say you are talking about my thread maybe? I asked permission from Hent and gave it extra time before. It was another simple case of a kid spent the money as soon as he got it...and then couldnt ship it. I also DID NOT request any pics of a residence to be posted. I wasn't looking for trouble and I didn't bash the kid..but the truth was the truth. And no I am not looking for a vacation from here...but I understand his frustration and there is little much else that we can do in these cases.

I am on board with everything said here , except if I'm using Paypal and I cant get the money sent as a gift, I will add 3% to cover their fees. I have given more than enough money to Ebay and Paypal over the years, for them to dip into my pocket for a $10 item:thumbsup:

Hent

I have no problem with someone outing a member for a bad transaction, once all means of communication have been exhausted.

The only thing I ask is that if something is posted, have proof ready to back it up-- paypal transaction, money order receipt, shipping receipt, etc.

There's no need to post peoples personal information on here.... phone numbers, addresses, place of employment, etc. If it's requested and you have it, and need to divulge the info, do it via PM and NOT on the board.

I also won't stand for threats on the board, or through PMs.

If there's anything else I'm missing, or have any questions feel free to ask me. I'm only a PM or email away.

:thumbsup:

I just wanted to add that Paypal will basicly only back you up if you use their Paypal buyer credit, any other forms of payment be it from your Paypal account balance or your account through your banking institution, they are very hesitant to help you then, if they do. Your best option is buyer credit for the best insurance just incase of deadbeat sellers and problems associated with them.

I am gonna take a guess and say you are talking about my thread maybe? I asked permission from Hent and gave it extra time before. It was another simple case of a kid spent the money as soon as he got it...and then couldnt ship it. I also DID NOT request any pics of a residence to be posted. I wasn't looking for trouble and I didn't bash the kid..but the truth was the truth. And no I am not looking for a vacation from here...but I understand his frustration and there is little much else that we can do in these cases.
I know what your situation was. It was others that took it to far. The comment was not directed at you it was the thread in general.

I have no problem with someone outing a member for a bad transaction, once all means of communication have been exhausted.

The only thing I ask is that if something is posted, have proof ready to back it up-- paypal transaction, money order receipt, shipping receipt, etc.

There's no need to post peoples personal information on here.... phone numbers, addresses, place of employment, etc. If it's requested and you have it, and need to divulge the info, do it via PM and NOT on the board.

I also won't stand for threats on the board, or through PMs.

If there's anything else I'm missing, or have any questions feel free to ask me. I'm only a PM or email away.

:thumbsup:
I have edited my post to make it less confusing. I never said anything about posting personal info. My point was that it was so easy to find the info AFTER the fact, but in the future I will have the info BEFORE the transaction occurs.

My fault for trusting people too much because I thought they loved the hobby as much as me. Lesson learned.

And if I have any future problems with anything regarding this board, I'll will run it by you first.

I have edited my post to make it less confusing. I never said anything about posting personal info. My point was that it was so easy to find the info AFTER the fact, but in the future I will have the info BEFORE the transaction occurs.

My fault for trusting people too much because I thought they loved the hobby as much as me. Lesson learned.

And if I have any future problems with anything regarding this board, I'll will run it by you first.
I posted my view in general on these types of circumstances. Not directed at you, or anyone in particular - just so people know where I stand. :thumbsup:

Just received a UPS tracking number from the seller. I had previously warned him that he would be outed for ripping me off.

Assuming I get what was advertised, I will not state his username here. Even though I extended his deadline to make it right and I was lied to numerous times.

BTW, I'm not the only one that received a tracking number today regarding a bad seller.

I have had many great transactions here, and will continue to purchase items from OldMiniBikes members with a new set of rules that I have imposed upon myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.