Baja Warrior Mini Bike How to get Governor to work

I was repairing my mother's Baja Warrior Mini Bike, took off the gas tank, throttle cable and carb, but when I went to re connect everything, for some strange reason, the governor arm that goes in engine , is causing the throttle to be almost wide open when I re connect the governor spring linkage.

Im not doing anything different to the governor and I don't think its suppose to hold the throttle open when i reconnect it.

I cant remove the governor either because it may be too much power for my mother to handle (she is 67).

Any help with reconnecting the governor would be greatly appreciated.

Its been sitting a while and my mother is mad at me for taking it apart and not putting it back together.

Last edited:

buckeye

Your mother should be mad at you.:laugh:

You have some pictures? We can talk you through it and get your Mom unmad and Grandma riding again.:thumbsup:

The throttle on most stock honda style clones is held open when the engine is not running

When it fires up the govenor pulls it back to idle

Take the chain off or raise the rear wheel to test start it for safety

Heres the pic...

I had it all together once, but noticed the throttle stuck wide open like in the pic, so I thought I did something wrong and took the tank back off.

Attachments

Last edited:
The throttle on most stock honda style clones is held open when the engine is not running

When it fires up the govenor pulls it back to idle

Take the chain off or raise the rear wheel to test start it for safety
Thanks, Ill get it back together, my mother wont be mad anymore.