baja warrior

Hello all,I`m new to this site,.I just pick up a baja warrior frame(had a blown 6.5) I`m in the middle of sanding down,My ? is I read alot of threads and almost all of them said to go HF and pick up 6.5,However I`m more intrested in putting a 10-13hp in it.I know that I have to change the engine plate and I`m cool with that,But what motor would fit without anymore cuttind and welding?

Welcome aboard geester, If it were me I would get a 212 Predator (hemi head) engine...part # 60363 . Its about 8hp right off of the box,stock.
Good Luck on your build ! and have fun with that warrior . :thumbsup:

The 301CC Predator MAY fit with out a bunch of mess, it's a weird mid-size kind of engine. But bang for buck and easy to find parts for... get a 212 Predator.

The 420cc Predators are gone to eat you up with the cost of the clutch (1 inch shaft) and the mounting (plate).

Also the 301cc has a larger footprint compaired to the 212 Predator but still has the 1 inch shaft.

Last edited:
Hey thanks alot OND,lol thats what everyone is telling me,I guess that what i have to do,I`m 280lbs,so as you can see I need POWER..might just have to seriously modify it,

Hey Moedog..yes I was looking at that motor..So your saying that the 420 will eat up my clutch or can I just get a very good one that can handle it,sounds to me that i would be replacing clutches all time..Planning on putting a tc on it also..I`m 280lbs so i need lots of POWER and would like to to top out around 60mph. I use to a Rupp back it the day..came with a 5hp..i took it out and put a 16hp..ran like an champ,trying to do the same with my warrior