Baja Warrior

N-gin

Found a BW on Craigslist. Went to go see it and the sheet metal shocks frame is all good. The original air cleaner is MIA so starting the bike before purchase was not going to happen. at any rate I figure its a small engine that has compresion, whats the worst that could happen, right?.....
Anyways I purchased it cause I figure what the hell. Honestly I didnt care what was wrong i figure i just wanted another project.
so here I am. an hour trip back home it was on the bike lift. 30min later its in pieces, down to the frame.
So on to the engine... saw that the spark plug was loose and went to tighten it. Found it was tight, with half the threads exposed...Itook the plug out and saw the plug was forced crooked into the head. Awesome..on to pull the head.. engine was OK other than that. Easy fix for me..not to mension i have nothing to loose, cause engines are cheap and harbor freight is 5min away. So I will be reusing the head gasket and just work with what i have. You may ask why reuse a 5 dallar head gasket. Well add up the head gasket with a used head, and a 30 dallar filter, i might as well just get the engine at harbor freight. while the head is off i took the DA sander to the head and took 1/8 inch off and then filed it flat. Just to give the engine a lil kick in the pants.
Anyways I will load some pics when i find out how :)

N-gin

20150622_093234.jpg

Frame was cleaned and preped today. Also had time to shoot it. Primer, three bases and two clear coats. 22 oz of clear

Warrior frame looks much better in blue. Nice change from Chinese black. CV carb makes an ironhead a good runner, I converted mine about 15 years ago. I even have it down to one kick when its warm and haven't hyper extended my knee since.

did you check the motor plate? usually flimsy and crack/split.
yours is what i started out with but now yours looks better.

Last edited: