Bird Duck Find

Well it started with my Golden Pinto for the Build-Off ! Y'all got me hooked ! I just got my hands on Bird #2 last night , it so happens that a neighbor I don't even know had this sitting in his barn , long story short I gave him $50 for it and he was beyond Happy ! It's all there , as best I can tell it's missing the rubber foot pad on scrub bake , seat and engine . I have an old flat top 3hp that runs good just need to be cleaned up and painted and obviously when Kenny gets done with my seat for my build-off hopefully he'll be making one for this too ! The shocks will need to be replaced or seriously re-worked , sandblasting , paint , a couple new tires and this should be a very simple restoration , only steel
work will be on the forks as the head set is real sloppy !

Thanks guys I'm exited , almost thought about entering this one in vintage class but my wife would kill me ! But I am going to start working on it , all original except it has to be purple for my wife ???:laugh:

Does anybody know who may have a Golden Pinto with the original decals ? I got a buddy that makes decals and he has replicated the Foremost Golden Pinto decal but we need the diameter of the sticker to make them ? Also would there be interest in buying these decals ? Thanks

trinik7597

take a look at the official bird thread and see who has one posted and yes I would like to get one if you wind up making them:thumbsup:

Lil indian , you bought that fine one from this site a while back huh ? Please measure the diameter of decal if you would be so kind ! Thanks from me and all the guys that will want them too !

trinik , looking at your pics I'm wondering how much clearance you have at the gas cap ? I just put a new Predator 212 in the one I'm do a resto-mod on for the build-off and it's tight , I can open it and I can put fuel in it ? but no room to spare .

Nice find on the Duck frame.

I guess I've watched one too many episodes of American Pickers, but I've got to ask...what the heck kind of welding mask is that sitting in the background of your pictures ? :shrug: :laugh:

Thanks !

hey chipper, that is not a predator on mine it's a real gx160 so it is smaller . it only has 11/2" inches of clearance from bottom of top rail to gas cap but used original mounting holes so the whole engine is off set on the frame so it works alright:thumbsup:

buckeye

Bet the food is better in La.:laugh:

What part?
Did you see the events section? Couple cool events coming up down this way, for a change.:thumbsup: