Black Widow

Here's a nice custom Rupp Blackwidow at Windber last year that worth the kind of money your asking. Your is worth 300-500 if your lucky. As far as the seat holes being star shape for the reflector I not heard of that on yet. If memory serves me correct the Blackwidow did not have any reflector on the back of the seat because it was strictly a offroad bike. Roadster would of had it.

It seems to me that there's a thread here on OldMiniBikes discussing the newbies asking how much a bike is worth and that one should not ask members on this site for such information. If that's the case, then why are there so many members that are eager to tell you how much your bike is not worth??? hmmm
The engine spec number you provided is one of the 2 correct spec numbers that were used for the Black Widow. The "star" on the back of the seat that you mentioned is, in fact, where the original red reflector was mounted on the back. The seat cover had a small "X" cut in it with a carpet knife. The stud on the back of the reflector went through the seat cover into an opening in the frame and was secured with a small metal backing plate and a nut. And although it's been repainted red and has some other items that a purist(such as myself) might not be interested in, it is nevertheless a nice looking bike. Although I don't like to see bikes parted out, I can tell you just the Dellorto UA19S carb and the original intake manifold would easily fetch close to 400 bucks and we haven't even discussed the engine, TC-1 assembly, tires, etc. Remember, there's an ass for every seat. Even as a customized bike, I'm sure a buyer will come along that will appreciate it and with possibly a little negotiation, it'll find a new home. Don't let the opinions of others deter you in your asking price. Live it Rupp!

Last edited:
Are you condoning asking that amount of money for an overpriced incorrectly restored bike? :eek:ut: I'm sorry but I see this all too often, not just in mini bikes, but in old cars, vintage sleds and the like. A value of a nice restored original is what it is, and if you don't have that then you shouldn't put your stuff up for original restored pricing. I don't think anyone is saying it doesn't look nice, thats not the issue at all. I think it looks pretty nice personally but it is what it is. Its not a bash either.
I am saying he can ask any price he want's to and should be able to without people who are not going to buy it anyway , bashing him in his own thread . Also if you see this all too often , you should be used to it by now . It goes back to the old saying If you cannot say anything nice then don't say anything at all . In other words , think how you would feel if this happened to you . People on here should treat others like you want to be treated . Fat Boy

I am saying he can ask any price he want's to and should be able to without people who are not going to buy it anyway , bashing him in his own thread . Also if you see this all too often , you should be used to it by now . It goes back to the old saying If you cannot say anything nice then don't say anything at all . In other words , think how you would feel if this happened to you . People on here should treat others like you want to be treated . Fat Boy
I see your point, but as to how I would feel? I dont have a problem because I list whatever I sell according to what its basicly or honestly worth...for instance, I dont list one of my vintage Yamaha sleds that isnt correct or was a custom job in the same price range that a correctly restored or nice or perfect origional goes for...

It seems to me that there's a thread here on OldMiniBikes discussing the newbies asking how much a bike is worth and that one should not ask members on this site for such information. If that's the case, then why are there so many members that are eager to tell you how much your bike is not worth??? hmmm
The engine spec number you provided is one of the 2 correct spec numbers that were used for the Black Widow. The "star" on the back of the seat that you mentioned is, in fact, where the original red reflector was mounted on the back. The seat cover had a small "X" cut in it with a carpet knife. The stud on the back of the reflector went through the seat cover into an opening in the frame and was secured with a small metal backing plate and a nut. And although it's been repainted red and has some other items that a purist(such as myself) might not be interested in, it is nevertheless a nice looking bike. Although I don't like to see bikes parted out, I can tell you just the Dellorto UA19S carb and the original intake manifold would easily fetch close to 400 bucks and we haven't even discussed the engine, TC-1 assembly, tires, etc. Remember, there's an ass for every seat. Even as a customized bike, I'm sure a buyer will come along that will appreciate it and with possibly a little negotiation, it'll find a new home. Don't let the opinions of others deter you in your asking price. Live it Rupp!
This post makes me happy.

here's a nice custom rupp blackwidow at windber last year that worth the kind of money your asking. Your is worth 300-500 if your lucky. As far as the seat holes being star shape for the reflector i not heard of that on yet. If memory serves me correct the blackwidow did not have any reflector on the back of the seat because it was strictly a offroad bike. Roadster would of had it.
lmao
rt

Thanks for your comment Ruppman at least someone's knowledgable on the BW and has commented, there are so many uninformed Bullwinkles out there it makes me laugh.

I'm not far off on the value BW are very rare This one can be easily put back to original and some one will that I'm sure of. This is complete and running so it can be driven as is or store back to original.