Bonanza " BC Series " Model Identification

Ok so I'll admit I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to identifying the different Bonanza models....
....but since I own one now, I gotta get "skooled"....

Setting aside the different engine and accessory options...let's assume we're talking about rollers here.....

What are some of the differences between the BC 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300 and 1400 series bikes.???

OK George3 and Evil-E......here's your chance to shine.....:shifty:

Last edited:
BC 500 was a kit with no suspension
BC 1000 was assembled with no suspension
BC 1100 was assembled with only front suspension
BC 1200 was assembled with suspension front and rear with 410/350x6 tires
BC1300 was the same as a 1200 but had 530/450x6 tires and 1/2 HP more engine.
BC 1400 had unboltable handlebars from the front end. and usually a fiberglass tank and seat pan, and 3 top brackets on the frame to mount the seat and tank

Blah blah blah, I'm tired of typing :laugh: Let George3 get a word in edge wise !

Last edited:
BC 500 was a kit with no suspension
BC 1000 was assembled with no suspension
BC 1100 was assembled with only front suspension
BC 1200 was assembled with suspension front and rear with 410/350x6 tires
BC1300 was the same as a 1200 but had 530/450x6 tires and 1/2 HP more engine.
BC 1400 had unboltable handlebars from the front end. and usually a fiberglass tank and seat pan, and 3 top brackets on the frame to mount the seat and tank

Blah blah blah, I'm tired of typing :laugh: Let George3 get a word in edge wise !
Ha...this is what I'm looking for Ed, the "Cliff Notes".!!:laugh:..(.I guess maybe anybody under 40 wouldn't know what "Cliff Notes" are :doah:.)...quick little ways to differentiate when walking through a swap meet or surfing Craigslist ads....:detective:.

** That's a lot of great info you posted there BAB ..indespensible for the serious student who wants to obtain his phd in "Bonanza-ology"....:thumbsup:

I'll make this thread a permanent part of the Supporting Memeber "Tech Section" .......right after "King George" weighs in :hammer:

Last edited:
thank you thank you thank you kk..........ive got my frame apart and the forks ready for the welder.........mine won't be original anymore but close as i can get........a howdy to bab for his precious....."precious" information......and a thank you........you guys rock:biggrin::scooter:

george3

Ed and BAB covered just about everything. How about the odd ones like the MB1110, MB1150, MB1210, MB1250. Also the TC frames. And the 1500 series bikes. Your fingers rested up yet Ed? clost to 20 different models Possably in different year styles and engine packages and models? The best one to own? personal preference.

markus

One thing I never noticed until just the other day when someone was looking for an ID on the bike they bought, they actually brought this point up BTW.

500-1200 are shown with no taillight mount
1300 is

(at least for the mid peg bike brochure)

One thing I never noticed until just the other day when someone was looking for an ID on the bike they bought, they actually brought this point up BTW.

500-1200 are shown with no taillight mount
1300 is

(at least for the mid peg bike brochure)
That was probably me since I was IDing a 1300 that I bought a couple of weeks ago with the taillight bracket. Go question did any other BC model come with this light brake? Mine is a front peg 1300 that came with the taillight bracket.

Did not realize we had this thread. Just heard back from Dave @ Bonanza MiniBikes.

My question was did Bonanza BC 1000, 1100, 1200.1300.1400 share the same basic frame design or were some larger?

Here is his response:

" Dan,
They are all the same hieght from ground to seat when the same wheels are used. bc 1000 and 1100 are 'rigid' rear axel and are slanted up hill on the bottom rail so the foot pegs don't drag, these are also the 'foward' peg models along with the bc 1200 that had rear suspention.
The 1000 did have a 2" seat pad as opposed to the 4.5" seat pad all of the models had along with the smaller 6" wheels and tires that made it 4" shorter to the ground. The 1300 1400 models all had rear suspension and center mounted foot pegs.

hope this helps,dave"

I was under the impression the forward vs. mid pegs determined the year of manufacture but based on Daves response front pegs were 1000,1100,1200's ….. mid pegs were all BC 1300 & 1400's at birth. True?

Last edited: