briggs and stratton intek 190 throttle adapter for Kart?

Hi,

New here and hope someone can give me some help... I recently came upon a good used Briggs and Stratton Intek 190 as a replace for son's old go-kart. Engine runs great (had a good clutch already on it) - runs smooth with me riding shotgun manually opening the throttle by hand. I cannot seem to find a good way to hook up the pedal or a kit to do so (safely anyway)... Any suggestions would be helpful - thanks

Here is a view from the top with gas tank removed and on of the carb alone. Not sure what part to get that would work on the set-up. The spring on the throttle in the overhead pic I put on as a return spring while testing it... It starts in wide open position without it. Will try to answer what I can as far as what I'm looking for... I never had a go-cart growing up (sob) so, not on top of the game fixing this for my son.
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks - I’ll look that over when I get home, looks like what I need. Does anyone know if these engines are supposed to start at full throttle (without my added spring in place it just pops back to full) or if it's a linkage adj issue? There also does not seem to be a manual choke on this model - sorry for my ignorance - almost all my mowers and the old engine that was on it are old as the hills.:smile:

mybiz

All engines start with your throttle sprung in the full throttle position :thumbsup: Unless your running a governor as soon as you start it you butterfly will close unless you get something hooked up wrong:doah:go look at one of your pieces of yard equipments lawn mower/tiller/whatever You'll notice all of those should be in the wide open position:thumbsup:

Well I guess I should have said it starts and stays wide open unless I have the spring I rigged up to pull the throttle back. I guess the former owner must have screwed around with it. I'll have to see what I can figure out what was done. - Thanks

here's the throttle setup I did on my dad's intek 5.5hp, after replacing the plastic cam with the compression release an001 cam, better springs, pushrods, and stock animal crank (was a tapered shaft that someone crappily cut down)

give you an idea here, ball end throttle cable goes up through the hole on the throttle lever down to cable stay "bolt'' if you will

and before someone says anything, that is temporarily a tecumseh flathead type carb on there until I can find a stock intek carb rebuild kit, or an affordable animal carb lol)

also there's a pic of my clone powered cart throttle setup to give you an idea.

Last edited: