Briggs color match paints?

I have a 1953 Briggs and Stratton Model 6 (6hp) iron block. I am going to be puting it in a go-kart that I am building, and would like to repaint it (it is a turquoise/green color). Where could I get spray paints that would match the colors on the motor? :shrug:

C9H13NO3

I have a 1953 Briggs and Stratton Model 6 (6hp) iron block. I am going to be puting it in a go-kart that I am building, and would like to repaint it (it is a turquoise/green color). Where could I get spray paints that would match the colors on the motor? :shrug:
Have any pics?

I took one of the tins off my 5HP Briggs baddaug motor to the local auto paint supply and they mixed me up a batch of urethane paint the same color.they told me they can even put it in a spray can for me too.They have a color scanner that they used to scan the tin I brought in and it tells what pigments to mix to match the color...pretty cool.

C9H13NO3

I took one of the tins off my 5HP Briggs baddaug motor to the local auto paint supply and they mixed me up a batch of urethane paint the same color.they told me they can even put it in a spray can for me too.They have a color scanner that they used to scan the tin I brought in and it tells what pigments to mix to match the color...pretty cool.
But can they mix up heat-resistant paint?

++ 3,000th post!

if you have a model 6, that would be a 2hp motor, not a 6hp. they are going by the cubic inch displacement, not the hp rating.

i have a model 14fb, but it is only 5hp, but by the size of the motor, it looks like it could be a 10hp engine

the cast iron blocks are just bigger, but the pistons inside are quite small compared to the size of the block

if you have a model 6, that would be a 2hp motor, not a 6hp. they are going by the cubic inch displacement, not the hp rating.

i have a model 14fb, but it is only 5hp, but by the size of the motor, it looks like it could be a 10hp engine

the cast iron blocks are just bigger, but the pistons inside are quite small compared to the size of the block
What do ya want for that 14 CI ?? :mellow: Is it 3/4 bore?? :mellow:

125ccCrazy

But can they mix up heat-resistant paint?

++ 3,000th post!
you dont need heat resistant paint to paint the engines...I've painted my car engines with urethane base coat clear coat and it holds up well...alot of street rodders do that so the engine matches the body color..

zeeman

Try SmokeStak.com. There are a lot of old Briggs guys on that forum. Good information can be found on the old stuff. I hope I spelled the name of the site right.