Broncco TX-1D Restored

My Dad and I restored this 1969 Fantic Broncco TX-1D. These are pretty rare and hard to find, especially in nice condition. I'd be interested in hearing from others who might be familiar with these bikes. This particular bike is 100% original!! I've seen 1 or 2 that are nice, but this one is 100% complete using all original or nos parts. It took a while, but we were lucky enough to locate them on the internet.

A few specs: The bike was made in Italy and imported to PA (philly area) through a company called Engine Specialties Inc. It has a 3.8hp Aspera (tecumseh) engine, 3.5x7in wheels, 1 gallon coffin tank, front disc break, rear drum and does about 35mph.

Let me be the first to say what an AWESOME job the two of you did!! VERY NICE! I seriously doubt that a nicer one is out there. Well Done!

Wow, you guys did a fantastic job restoring that baby and it should win mini of the month for sure! PRIMO!!!!

As a side note, yes I learned about the Fantic/Bronco bikes after I found a butchered one and had to figure out what it was. I have since removed about a third bucket of welded on and butchered metal and plan to leave it stripped and old school looking since they look neat stripped as well. Here's a pic on how I found it.

Last edited:
Absolutely marvelous job :thumbsup:

On a side note. Was there a Bronco gokart too? As a kid(early 70's), I remember one of the kids on our road had an Orange gokart. I remember the decal of the bucking horse and it said Bronco.

Very nice. You guys did great. It's nice too see restored bikes on here. Yes, Broncco did make a kart. The T/K-1. My 1969 brochure only shows/lists it in green but Broncco did make an orange bike so maybe they painted the later karts orange too.

markus

looks kick ass!!! I had a TX-6 that I sold last year and am still kinda kicking myself for doing:sadcrying4: I would say that it was (for me) the ultimate minibike as it had pretty much everything I wanted in a vintage mini.

Anyway you guys did a real nice job on a killer bike!!!!

heres some links to the tx-6 I had if you have not seen them, the fellow that contacted me and ended up buying mine said it was slated to be fully restored (it just needed redone it was 100% original) so maybe well see it turn up looking fresh and new soon???
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0972.JPG
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0971.JPG

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It was a challenge to find all the right parts, but we are happy with how it turned out. My dad used to have one when he was 12, so it was fun for us to restore this one.

If anyone out there has a Broncco, we'd love to see pics of it.

Markus...the fellow that contacted you was my dad! I found the bike on the internet, and he then purchased it from you. Yes, it has also been fully restored. Just finished. In fact, I think it turned out even better than the TX-1!

markus

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. It was a challenge to find all the right parts, but we are happy with how it turned out. My dad used to have one when he was 12, so it was fun for us to restore this one.

If anyone out there has a Broncco, we'd love to see pics of it.

Markus...the fellow that contacted you was my dad! I found the bike on the internet, and he then purchased it from you. Yes, it has also been fully restored. Just finished. In fact, I think it turned out even better than the TX-1!

Sweet! Get some pics up when you get a chance! Your dad sounded like the the kinda guy that wasn't gonna sit on it and get it redone, I'm glad to hear that its done. if you still have the other minis too, you guys have a real nice collection of rare italian bikes going on out there:thumbsup:

Thanks for all the nice comments! I've added a few more pics...

The red one is also a TX-1, but it's a "Standard" not a "Deluxe." We had an extra frame so we decided to make a "fun" bike...It has a 7hp Tecumseh on it, with a jackshaft. It's not original, but it's a great daily rider with lots of tourque.

Shouldnt the green one have the handle bars the red one has? And the green one if its a deluxe should have a head light and tail light but the green one doesnt have the headlight brackets? Not craping on your bikes they look great but just wondering about the lights!

I have an original brochure dated 1-69. It contains pics of this exact bike. The quick fold chrome bars are standard on the deluxe, optional on the S model. The lights are also optional accessories. The difference between the Deluxe and the Standard are the front brakes, polished fenders and coil spring front suspension as opposed to the telescopic front on the S.

I have an original brochure dated 1-69. It contains pics of this exact bike. The quick fold chrome bars are standard on the deluxe, optional on the S model. The lights are also optional accessories. The difference between the Deluxe and the Standard are the front brakes, polished fenders and coil spring front suspension as opposed to the telescopic front on the S.
Yeah minidoodle pic's/info aren't the bible for sure. Nice you had the brochure.:thumbsup:

The Green bike is 100% ORIGINAL. They made 3 versions of the Broncco TX-1. A "Standard", similar to the red one, a "Deluxe" (which is the green one), and a "TX-1L", which stands for "Light." The TX-1L also had a different seat on it, the same seat as a TX-6 & 7. Various options were also available...

I assure you it's all original and is complete down to the smallest part. My dad grew up down the street from the original importer, ESI, in Croydon, PA (near Philly). He became friends with the owner (Charlie P.), and he was kind enough to give us all the info he had on the bikes, so we made sure it's 100% original and complete! Tough to accomplish, but worth it.

If anyone has questions about these Broncco's I'd be happy to answer them...It's somewhat of a passion for us. Between my dad and I we have 6 of them.