BUYERS BEWARE !!! juanblanco1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUYERS BEWARE !!! juanblanco1911
Just a heads up in regards to this transaction. Without a doubt the worst packing job on a Mini Bike....I have ever received. The frame and forks were thrown in to a box along with one seat rail, the rear axle, and handlebars. NO packing whatsoever. A little bit of tape to try and hold everything together.....didn't work.
That box arrived yesterday (21st). Via FedEx. I quickly contacted the seller to ask where the rest of the bike was. He got back to me and informed me that it was shipped USPS and gave me a tracking #. This would have been certainly nice to know from the beginning. I was never informed that he shipped with 2 different carriers in 2 separate boxes. That is no biggie. But I know I try to keep a buyer as informed as possible.

I had to contact him to get them....despite being told that he would send it to me.

Box 2 arrived today. Here are some pics. Oil not drained, rear fender bent. Postman asked " are you shipping motors now" because the box smelled stongly of oil.

The total damages.

1) Foot Pegs are both bent to hell.
2) 1 rear shock mount bent.
3) Rear fender bent.
4) Oil all over.
5) Top triple tree on fork lowers bent.

At this point I contacted the seller asking for a mere $50 back....knowing full well that shipping WAS NOT $150 (not to mention the damage) with the small boxes this stuff was packed in. Shipping was from Michigan to Minnesota. In fact the box shipped via USPS had the price on it (Priority label)....$44.72

He replied back with...."Sorry about the oil and the fender that was bent was the front I bought after I bought the bike and as far as money back I can not do that I had to pay one of my employees to take it apart box's it up and ship it i dint figure in the $50 i spent in gas to go get it or the fender i lost money I think u and I both know u got a Smolensk deal on this bike there was people offting way more but I sold it u because u were first to responed"

Wow! It's not your fault he paid someone else to take the bike apart and box it up. :hammer: Plus, he set the price. He could have listed it on ebay if he wanted best offer. :eek:ut: $50 in gas to take it to the Post Office??? :doah:

I think that we have gone over "packing" many times. What the heck is wrong with these people. Of course you all know my Taco story.:doah: I'm really sorry to here about this.:hammer:

old-timer

Scamming Member
I bought a Briggs motor from him a while back and didn't receive it after waiting quite a while. He promptly refunded my money, and wouldn't you know the motor showed up a few days later. In my case it wasn't his fault, it was a screw up with USPS. He treated me good on the motor so I can't complain :shrug:

Vic

Ultimately it is his fault, not his employees. So blaming it on them is stupid really, a partial refund is certainly in order to keep in good standing here on OldMiniBikes.:shrug:

If not I call for a boycott of this member's items for sale.:hammer:

Derek,

Sorry to hear about your terrible dealing with that member. The packaging was done carelessly with no consideration to the bike's integrity. Whether he did the packaging or supposedly "paid an employee" to package it, the fault is on him. Since he didn't own up about the situation and refund at least $50, that will tell you something about his character. I think a small child could have done a better job. Truly hope you get at least the $50 refund if not more!

On a side note, if juanblanco1911 didn't do the packaging then he has a knucklehead of an employee!:eek:ut:

Like I already told u Iam sorry and I should have checked the boxes myself but other than oil being all over which I don't see in the pic I'm sure there wasn't any damage that wasn't already there this bike was very rough before leaving me this whole thing has. coast me money and time and no u are bashing me I should just scraped the damn bike

Like I already told u Iam sorry and I should have checked the boxes myself but other than oil being all over which I don't see in the pic I'm sure there wasn't any damage that wasn't already there this bike was very rough before leaving me this whole thing has. coast me money and time and no u are bashing me I should just scraped the damn bike
So you sold the bike at a loss? I surely doubt it.

In the 90s I had an IROCZ that needed painting, so I took it to Peach paint and body. We circled all the dents and went over it twice, I explained that I was the pickiest customer he ever would deal with and not to honk it up. That means no painted dents, no orange peel, and no dry spots. I went to pick it up when the dude called and the first thing I noticed was my driver side view mirror was down in the housing, I asked him what happened and immediately he said it must have been broken already so I knew I was not going to be happy. They fixed 30% of the dings and painted over the rest, there was orange peel all over and from the middle of the car down was dry with little to no shine. The manager went into this rant about the guys in the shop and I stopped him cold. I told him that he was the responsible party given he was the guy I talked to, he was the one who circled the dents and the one I told not to honk the deal up. I went on to say that a moderately trained chimp could have done better paint and management work. He was not happy but two weeks later I took delivery of a show quality paint job, funny thing was he was out in the shop sanding cars and a new manager handed me the keys.

Moral of the story is you ARE your people.:thumbsup:

So those parts banging together in all that empty space could not have possibly caused any damage? You cannot really believe that can you? You are only as good as those who represent you, the damage should be paid out of your dumb ass employee's last check.:hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.