BUYERS BEWARE !!! juanblanco1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is 1) if you can't resolve it amicably then use the Itrader feedback. 2) Anyone with an employee is responsible for their employees actions. 3) Anyone who sells multiple things on this site should at least be a supporting member. But I think everyone should be a supporting member. If you don't have $25 then get off your F**king Computer and get a job. You can buy parts so you have some extra $$$....Parts can wait but the information on this forum is worth it...especially when you sell stuff.... JMHO

CarPlayLB

I ship electronics for a living...cell phones, I instruct my warehouse to pack boxes as if a 90 lb chic would have to lift it. I have seen boxes arrive that are heavy and every corner is rounded. The heavy boxes are not treated nice with any carrier. So many people shipping stuff seem to think that the people are delicately picking these boxes up, never turning them upside down, and gingerly place them in trucks...but that is a fantasy. Its my belief that they hate the heavy boxes and make sure they drop them as much as possible...just my .02

All I can say is 1) if you can't resolve it amicably then use the Itrader feedback. 2) Anyone with an employee is responsible for their employees actions. 3) Anyone who sells multiple things on this site should at least be a supporting member. But I think everyone should be a supporting member. If you don't have $25 then get off your F**king Computer and get a job. You can buy parts so you have some extra $$$....Parts can wait but the information on this forum is worth it...especially when you sell stuff.... JMHO
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good one Gumpit. I wish I knew how to post a link/video. There are some good package handeling videos on u-tube.:laugh:

rmm727

Shipping things to members on here makes me so nervous. I fretted for days when I shipped a motor. I had no use for it so I sold it for a fair price but boy did the thought of that Briggs bouncing around in a cardboard box worry me. It was so worth it for me to spend extra money on a can of expanding foam to fill the box with. Wrap the parts with saran wrap, empty the can of spray foam, close the box and walk away. The new owner told me it took him 30 minutes to unpack it but atleast it arrived safe and sound.

Anyone who wants to see the right way to pack anything--buy something from Peekster. I never had anything ever packed as well as the frame he sent me--kudos to him!:thumbsup:

Like I already told u Iam sorry and I should have checked the boxes myself but other than oil being all over which I don't see in the pic I'm sure there wasn't any damage that wasn't already there this bike was very rough before leaving me this whole thing has. coast me money and time and no u are bashing me I should just scraped the damn bike
"...this whole thing has COAST me money and time..." (assuming he meant to say COST). Even if that WERE true (probably not) how is that pertinent and in any way DEREK's problem or justify him receiving (much?) less than he paid for?
Sidebar: Something has always bothered me about this guy "juanblanco" and his posts, (Call it a "gut feeling"),however, I could never put my finger on it. I have noticed that his photos of items he is selling are generally pretty crappy and sometimes out of focus, like they are taken with a cheap cell phone camera. Time to step up juanblanco (the younger generation calls it "man-up") and do the right thing- you know what it is....

Last edited:
One of my packing tips for motors (besides emptying the fluids :rolleyes:)

I cut a piece of 1/8" luan (plywood) the same size as the bottom of the box...this stuff is cheap and you can score it and snap it with a good sharp utility knife.....I center the motor on it and bolt it to the luan...(2) 1/4" rh screws will even work (heads of the fastners on the bottom, nuts on top).....the top of the box should be just above the top of the motor to allow for some top padding...that's it...done...virtually impossible for that motor to go anywhere or shift around....

cost: $1 for the luan...(1/2 sheet will do 6-8 motors)
$ .50 for 2 screws and 2 nuts

time: maybe 15 minutes

old-timer

Scamming Member
Shipping things to members on here makes me so nervous. I fretted for days when I shipped a motor. I had no use for it so I sold it for a fair price but boy did the thought of that Briggs bouncing around in a cardboard box worry me. It was so worth it for me to spend extra money on a can of expanding foam to fill the box with. Wrap the parts with saran wrap, empty the can of spray foam, close the box and walk away. The new owner told me it took him 30 minutes to unpack it but atleast it arrived safe and sound.
I've never seen a motor packed that well :laugh: And the extra effort was well appreciated :thumbsup: He even bolted it down on a piece of plywood sized perfectly to the box. That box could have been dropped off a cliff and that motor would not of had a scratch :laugh:

Vic

One of my packing tips for motors (besides emptying the fluids :rolleyes:)

I cut a piece of 1/8" luan (plywood) the same size as the bottom of the box...this stuff is cheap and you can score it and snap it with a good sharp utility knife.....I center the motor on it and bolt it to the luan...(2) 1/4" rh screws will even work (heads of the fastners on the bottom, nuts on top).....the top of the box should be just above the top of the motor...that's it...done...virtually impossible for that motor to go anywhere or shift around....

cost: $1 for the luan...(1/2 sheet will do 6-8 motors)
$ .50 for 2 screws and 2 nuts

time: maybe 15 minutes
Thats what GRD did for my motor. But I think the plywood was from EE.:laugh:

As per Creia's post Sidebar: Something has always bothered me about this guy "juanblanco" and his posts, (Call it a "gut feeling"),however, I could never put my finger on it. I have noticed that his photos of items he is selling are generally pretty crappy and sometimes out of focus, like they are taken with a cheap cell phone camera.

I checked in his profile of threads started by him , and with very few exceptions its all stuff he is selling :eek:ut:

Last edited:
I checked in his profile of threads started by him , and with very few exceptions its all stuff he is selling :eek:ut:[/QUOTE]

And to think he is selling stuff to the members here :shrug:, The nerve of this guy :laugh:

I am just looking for another post count .... LOL

Bikerscum

Gotta say...

After looking at the ad pix...

The buyer says it arrived with the footpegs bent, the pics show the footpegs bent. The buyer says it arrived with the top fork tree bent. The pix show the bottom tree bent & the fork tube between the trees dented. (maybe some confusion between top and bottom, but something is bent in the pix).

Fender, can't say, no pic. Handlebars, same. Shock mount, same.

Looks like at least some damage was already present.

The seller maybe should have been more descriptive, but then again, were questions asked by the buyer that were answered with lies?

The packaging was sh!t for sure.

Release the hounds.

Sorry, but when you're part of a forum it's like family, you should go that extra effort to make sure the customer is happy and treated fairly.
Is that just me or what?

I've even had good luck with Ebay if you try to have good communication.

I'm not even old and treating someone "old school" is normal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.