Can anyone I.D this mini?

at Sears in 1968 - 69 they were red with a 2 1/2 hp motor and sold for $99. my Dad bought me the Puncher with 4 hp motor chrome fenders and shocks. the kids up the street had the 2 1/2 hp mini's and dared me to race and both beat me, yeah they both removed the governors and the following week they both blew their motors so i think i reallly won. :scooter:

at Sears in 1968 - 69 they were red with a 2 1/2 hp motor and sold for $99. my Dad bought me the Puncher with 4 hp motor chrome fenders and shocks. the kids up the street had the 2 1/2 hp mini's and dared me to race and both beat me, yeah they both removed the governors and the following week they both blew their motors so i think i reallly won. :scooter:
The mini appears to have been red at some point

The guy never emailed me back about the gx200 off of Craigslist so I found these. Couldn't resist both for 40 bucks. 3 or 3.5 Briggs and a 1973 4hp Briggs

Unbolted the H35 Tecumseh and mocked up the 1973 4 horse Briggs. Have to go through this engine, check the valves, new head gasket possibly rering her then finding a tillotson carb and intake.

the Bird

Your bike looks to me to be a Sears or Wards bird style minibike sold under the store brand name from 1969 to about 1977 frames were painted flat gloss red with gloss white none split rims and strait handle bars like a Taco 44.. engines were Tecumseh 3 1/2 to 4hp....ur handle bar fork set up is surely from a bird not sold under the Sears & Wards models but are inner changeable ......

I believe you are right. It had the H35 Tecumseh. Switching to a Briggs. Sears roper had these same style chrome bars but forks were a little different and I do have one piece rims.

I am currently restoring a sears runabout,orig color was lime green,has fenders, all orig roller. guy would not sell the motor. I found a briggs 3.5 hp , they had a 3.4x3.0x5'' tubeless tire in front.I'll post pics when its done.. Mick

Your bike looks to me to be a Sears or Wards bird style minibike sold under the store brand name from 1969 to about 1977 frames were painted flat gloss red with gloss white none split rims and strait handle bars like a Taco 44.. engines were Tecumseh 3 1/2 to 4hp....ur handle bar fork set up is surely from a bird not sold under the Sears & Wards models but are inner changeable ......
It's a department store bike for sure, Bird badged minis had different bars. The bars look like Drover/Duck or Roper style, I've had one like this before and the original owner called it a Runabout. A good start on a project for sure.:thumbsup:

Yea I can tell these bars didn't come on this mini for one because they are sloppy and have a lot of play in them and someone used a lot of washers as spacers

yea, my bars are parallel w/ forks,hand tilt back on top, still could be a nice bike. take your time &think it out! Mick:grind:
I definitely will. I have a few parts on the way. Took me 2 years to build the sears roper in my avatar picture. Everthing brand new down to every nut, bolt and washer.