Can anyone on here thread a 5/8" jackshaft??

125ccCrazy

I am getting the parts together for my Wild Cat 500 and I need to make a new jackshaft, I'd prefer to have the ends threaded rather than use locking collars, if anyone here has the capability to do this let me know what you would want to do it..

Thanks,
Randi

Find a place that dose spring work and makes u bolts for springs they should be able to do it pretty reasonable . If you want to try it your self most good hard ware stores sell dies seperatly so you don't have to buy a set and usualy in hex shape so you can turn them with a socket .

pretty sure mcmaster.com has them.:smile:
I cant seem to find them online, but I believe they are in their catalog. I can check this afternoon at work. What length?

125ccCrazy

Thanks guys for all the info and help, X-90 Rider made me an offer I can't refuse.... I gotta get this thing mocked up and get the measurements and we should be good to go..

Thanks again

If you don't need it for a while. I'll do it for you. I'm not coming down to my Mom's until March 8. I can bring the tools and do it then, if you don't have it by then. We can do coarse or fine.

I threaded mine by hand and somehow got it off center. The nut has a slight wobble noticable when turning the shaft slowly by hand. I was pretty careful too... I'd try to find someone who has some kinda' lathe and thread cutting dies.

It seems to work fine, but it pisses me off that it's not quite right.