Can I swap my GX200 Honda Clone engine with a BSP 196cc OHV racing engine?

My baja warriors gx200 engine vlew up and I was just wonderng if swapping for the ohv would be easy and I wouldnt need any other parts?

This is the new one I was thinking about..
196cc BSP Dupor Honda Clone Racing Motor Billet Flywheel Upgrade Cam Ruxing Carb | eBay

This is the old one.. Monster Scooter Parts: 196cc 6.5 Hp Honda Clone (GX200 168F) Go Kart & Mini Bike Engine with 20mm Output Shaft

I also already have an aluminum flywheel on the gx. I was wonderng if that would transfer to the ohv or if I should order the ohv with a flywheel already installed?

Thanks guys.

howdy!

i have one of those monster clones with a 20mm shaft. when i ordered
it they said it had a 3/4" shaft. if you go with the dupor clone you will
probably need a clutch since it has a 3/4" diam crank (19.05mm). a new
clutch will cost $30 or so from OldMiniBikes.

i'd sell you my engine but i haven't gone through it yet.

the people that run this fine website also sell dupors. check
out the OldMiniBikes warehouse link at the top of the page.

make sure you get a billet flywheel and connecting rod. the
dupor doesn't have a governor and those two things will keep
your blood in your veins and your nads in place.

ciao from the bistro

phil

My baja warriors gx200 engine vlew up and I was just wonderng if swapping for the ohv would be easy and I wouldnt need any other parts?

196cc BSP Dupor Honda Clone Racing Motor Billet Flywheel Upgrade Cam Ruxing Carb | eBay

This is the old one.. Monster Scooter Parts: 196cc 6.5 Hp Honda Clone (GX200 168F) Go Kart & Mini Bike Engine with 20mm Output Shaft

I also already have an aluminum flywheel on the gx. I was wonderng if that would transfer to the ohv or if I should order the ohv with a flywheel already installed?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Thanks guys.
Already answered that.

Buy a Predator.
Buy the hemi if you can even better....

Now there are a few reasons I did not mention.
the Gen 3 pred has the most interchange with the old 196 standard clone.

You REALLY want that Dupor dont you?
Buy it.....

I like the Clone engines..we have been racing them in karts for years, and the BSP Dupor is one of the best you can buy. But the Predator Hemi 60363 is awesome, I 'de by one from harbor freight...then buy a billet flywheel from the OldMiniBikes store. JMO

Lets not overstate the advantage of the 212 hemi.
Its a big bigger and has a head than can be modified to flow well.

But say sell the head and use a Honda 18cc.

Money wise the Lonciin 210FA ( aka Predator ) is probably cheaper to build from scratch with a little more power at the end for the same money.
Only thing I dislike is the oddball taper on the crank.
But if you have gx200 clone with billet parts turn the 212 into a 208 and save the money again.

Its just the 70mm bore that sells the engine.
Less shrouding more compression off the bigger honda 18cc head and better flow.

This is not complicated....

I have the aluminum flywheel from the gx200. Would that not work? If I get the dupor what exactly would I need to install it that cannot be salvaged from my old engine?

I really am not hooked on the dupor. I just want the best deal and a little more power than the gx200 (6.5hp). The dupor is supposed to be about 8.5. How does the predator compare to tha in terms of torque and speed