Can mini bikes be registered for off road use?

I was wondering if since you cant ride mini bikes on the streets, could you get a green sticker for off highway use like you can with a dirt bike? I mean they are sort of off road vehicles, so if you couldnt that would be sort of rediculous.:shrug: I just wish i could take it somewhere like an ohv park where i could ride it Legally like my dirt bike.
Anyway also if they arent legal on the streets, does that include operating them in public places such as parks?

you can generally get away with riding in empty parking lots but it's not legal. we used to do that and the cops got called on us a lot. they'd just tell us to either stop or mellow out (was right by my friend's old place). most of the cops thought it was a BS call and would just show up because they had nothing else going on. there were many times when i'd end up bs'ing about mini bikes with them. :laugh:

i think it helped that i'd usually ride up to their car instead of them having to come chase me down (which they do not like at all).

I have a green sticker issued by California- the bike had a simple spark arrestor so it passed state inspection-but if I go to a federal controll area I need an "approved spark arrestor' so I got one of them and now need to rig it to my exhaust so I'm legal in restircted zones too. State OHV areas I'm okay.

OHV....what is that....Off Highway Vehicle ??? :shrug:

The call it ORV here in michigan Off Road Vehicle.

Same thing but different I guess.