Can't decide...your thoughts? UPDATED

MKW

I can't decide whether or not I want to buy this Simplex. It's kinda a mess with a piece welded on the tank to mount it wrong, no jackshaft parts, wrong engine... The good part is tank is there, correct wheels, fenders, handle bars, and original seat(although mounted wrong). I can get it pretty cheap, but I can't make up my mind.
What should I do??
Thanks

Last edited:

MKW

Hey, Robert. I haven't been around for a little while. The move kinda shut things down for me.
Did you move to NC??

Hey, Robert. I haven't been around for a little while. The move kinda shut things down for me.
Did you move to NC??
Hello Mike,

Yes, we moved back in August, to be better able to help my Mom. She's 85 now and still living independently, and we're trying to help her do that as long as possible.

Sounds like y'all moved too ? Where to ?

Good to hear from ya !

MKW

Thanks for the replies, fellas.
Robert, that's a good reason to move. I wish her well. Yeah, we built a house and moved about 50 yards thru the woods to the next street over.

MKW

Thanks. School district is the same, but that didn't matter because my kid goes to private school. The neighborhood is nice though.

MKW

UPDATE

Well...It's mine!! Thanks for the push, guys. I won't get my hands on it till Monday, but my buddy picked it up for me a little while ago. I think it was well worth the $125 I paid for it!

Last edited:

markus

cool you got that, someone had asked me about going and getting it for them a few days ago as we have a home right up where that was listed here in FL but I didnt have any plans to get up there at least for a couple of weeks. Was a pretty good buy :thumbsup:

markus

I knew that you were down that way and wondered why you didn't snatch it up. I'll enjoy it!
I was up there for like a week, even had my trailer with me and was checking craigslist every few hours the whole time, left to come back down here and Literally the next day that bike popped up :laugh: I honestly thought it would go within 24 hours due to the price so I just forgot about it. I was surprised when someone I know up in NC called me this weekend about it and said it was still available.

MKW

And I am so glad it was still available when I called. Guess I was meant to get it. I had to do a little constructive logistics to get it. A guy I know from a truck websight picked it up for me and another member of that websight is bringing it to SC for me.