Cat 250X Completed !!!

Thought I would post up a few pics of my recently completed 250X project. A big thanks to my old man for the killer paint job. At 65 years old he can still lay it down ! This was a big project as far as the frame...it was a literal mess when I got it. Hacked on and chewed up, chain rash almost all the way through the axle tab, loads of added on crap,numerous cracks in the motor plate, holes drilled...you get the point. Much worse then the before pics show.

Before:

Link to some other pics of the build...Cat 250X Resto
And after:

:bowdown: Fantastic!!!!!! I see you got rid of the crazy scrub brake. Mine looks just like that (all bent up), or is that the way they came from mfr?

Beautiful job. I truely appreciate your work; as Cat's always seem to be beat to death!! Excellent idea with the clutch brake;-- scrub brakes suck!! Gives me inspiration for my beat down Cats. Thanks for the pics. ;Lester.--Lover of Cats.

zeeman

Derek, Very nice job on the restoration. I know how much work you must have put into that bike. Enjoy it. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.