Cat Endura MX

markus

LOL, No Owen, the more I work on it, the LESS it costs! :thumbsup:

Here's the base after several coats of Transtar polyu both inside the garage and outside in the sun. After the clear, the base coat popped out and is more visible.

As Kool-aid man would say.......
"OH YEAAHH!!"

I am having brake issues- some of you saw the other post. It takes half a block to stop, no doubt because of the shear power that Tecumseh belts out. It takes off really quick, then shifts with the belt doing it's Comet thing, and I like that.

Ordered a correct six volt sealed beam, and a pit bike brake lever with built in brake light switch. I also slapped on a dimmer switch off of some Ur-A-Pee'in scooter.

I took the seat pan into my upholsterer and gave him a blown up print of the Cat Endura ad I've been using as a guide for the past six months.

Slowly and surely becoming a pit bike, but the lighting crap can be easily removed.

Removed the brake drum and found that the pitting on the brake surface was eating the pads and making lots of slippery dust.

I spent about an hour getting it back to smooth, scuffed the pads, centered the brake in the hub with brake applied, and tightened the axle.

Way better now.

Removed the brake drum and found that the pitting on the brake surface was eating the pads and making lots of slippery dust.

I spent about an hour getting it back to smooth, scuffed the pads, centered the brake in the hub with brake applied, and tightened the axle.

Way better now.
Glad to hear it's stopping now.

Dave, I don't spend much time in this part of the forum, so this is my first time checking out this thread. I must say, you guys blow me away! I'm always very impressed with the craftsmanship I see coming out of here. You nailed it! Your attention to detail is great. Nice job!

Dave, I don't spend much time in this part of the forum, so this is my first time checking out this thread. I must say, you guys blow me away! I'm always very impressed with the craftsmanship I see coming out of here. You nailed it! Your attention to detail is great. Nice job!
Thank you David for the very kind words.

That bike came out really awesome. I know you put a ton of work in that seat pan and it looks great:thumbsup: It took me 3 attempts to make a bonanza seat pan.:laugh: Its a lot of work. Just a beautiful job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That bike came out really awesome. I know you put a ton of work in that seat pan and it looks great:thumbsup: It took me 3 attempts to make a bonanza seat pan.:laugh: Its a lot of work. Just a beautiful job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you Karen.

I now have a six volt head lamp in it, and surprise, it works so much better. Brake lever with switch is due in today. That'll give it that pit bike look. :laugh:

Seat still at upholstery.

It's done. I delete all of my photos here, but due to peer pressure, am putting these up. Not interested in comments, etc. Reference only. It does wheelies, and chicks dig it.

It's sold.