Cat Switch Plate?

FunWithStuff

I have recently found this while searching trough some parts. It is a Cat Switch Plate that I have been searching for to put on my JCPenney's Cat Duster MX mini bike. Previously, I had been wanting to buy one for the bike because I thought it was lost, but I had trouble finding one online. Does anyone know how rare these are? I am just curious. Thanks! Here are photos of the plate.
1209191435.jpg 1209191435a.jpg

markus

They are not very common to find, did you find the the lower bracket (will be on the switch neck) that bites into the bars to hold it into place?

FunWithStuff

They are not very common to find, did you find the the lower bracket (will be on the switch neck) that bites into the bars to hold it into place?
I don't believe this particular plate had a lower bracket. It's curved on the bottom so that should allow it to hold into place. I've looked at photos of other original Duster MX mini bikes and I don't see any lower bracket visible on the plate.

FunWithStuff

Does anyone have photos of a lower bracket for this plate? If there is one (although I don't believe there is one), I need to know what it looks like to see if I can find it.

markus

Does anyone have photos of a lower bracket for this plate? If there is one (although I don't believe there is one), I need to know what it looks like to see if I can find it.
best I could do on blowing up a parts listing. its part number 901-1077 "clip switch plate" IIRC the corners of the rounded parts are kinda bent and teeth like to bit the bars to keep it from moving around.
1cat300xa (2).jpg

FunWithStuff

best I could do on blowing up a parts listing. its part number 901-1077 "clip switch plate" IIRC the corners of the rounded parts are kinda bent and teeth like to bit the bars to keep it from moving around.
View attachment 253572
Oh wow! That is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. No wonder I did not see it in any photos because it is hidden under the plate. I'll try looking for it and let you know if I find it. Thanks for the information!

FunWithStuff

That's it! Now put that in a box and send it this way! :)
Yeah. I don't want to sell it, lol. I've been wanting to put an original plate on my Duster MX and I'm finally glad I can. If you would like to have measurements for the bracket and plate, though, I'd be glad to give them to you. Just let me know what measurements you want:).

Wow… That’s a part you don’t see very often! Good to see you found it. Does anyone know if that’s the bottom part for the longer Eliminator switch plate also or are they different?

FunWithStuff

Wow… That’s a part you don’t see very often! Good to see you found it. Does anyone know if that’s the bottom part for the longer Eliminator switch plate also or are they different?
The only way to know for sure would be for someone to post a picture of a parts list for a Cat mini bike with a longer switch plate (like Markus did for the smaller switch plate). Or if someone has a lower bracket for a longer cat switch plate they can confirm it for us. I believe it might work because the Eliminator has a similar bar design to Cat bikes that use the smaller switch plate.

The only way to know for sure would be for someone to post a picture of a parts list for a Cat mini bike with a longer switch plate (like Markus did for the smaller switch plate). Or if someone has a lower bracket for a longer cat switch plate they can confirm it for us. I believe it might work because the Eliminator has a similar bar design to Cat bikes that use the smaller switch plate.
That’s what I was thinking too… Probably a very similar design. I’m going to probably end up making one and I can adjust the size if necessary. Thanks for the picture of yours, it gives me an idea what I need to make.