check this engine out

markus

I did some generic searches but did not come up with anything other than its a Jacobson and its from around 1944

Its a WWII signal core backpack genorator, supposed to be 22lbs, it feels heavier than that! used by paratroopers. Yea it looks pretty nasty but it turns over smooth and has kick ass compression! I dunno if it could even be converted but I thougt it might be cool for a mini-minibike.

Cool thing is in the toolbox there is still the tool kit and rebuild parts for in feild, allthough a bit nasty looking:

rebuild parts

tool kit

I wish it was in better shape as a whole, there is no bindig or odd noises other than an acorn or 2 in the fanshroud, so the gennie might still function.

anyone know anything about the powerpalnt???

That engine could be in great shape inside. That's what counts. The outside is all cosmetic. The only problem you may have putting it on a mini is that the shaft MAY be tapered. Good find either way.

markus

Hey thanks for the link! A little searching and I found some postings, even found one pretty similar to it, except in good condition :smile:

Didn't spend much time on the site...yet. It really does have great compression and rotation is very smooth, so I feel there is hope! I've actually had it for a few years. I didn't realize that it was even military till last year. when I hit it with a pressure cleaner to see what was under the dirt/dust Thats when I took another look in the boxes. I though the tall box had rags stuffed in it and the smaller just had some old rusty tools:doah: This was the first time I actually totally pulled everything out of the boxes to see what was all there! I'm gonna go out and soak everything with some PB blaster start to "tinker" with it soon.

125ccCrazy

if you could get it running it would be cool to build a WWII style minibike, use the gas tank and whatever else off the generator...:thumbsup: