chop shop project

markus

Eeeeuw...that's kinda ugly! Can that be filled with that swap meet aluminum solder? ...or you could do what Domino did and just bondo and paint it.

be careful with the left side lever. I tightened mine on a bar with a very slight bend and it broke! Thanks again for your help!
I never tried the aluminum solder, I did a magura that was really bad and asked about it never go an answer. I'm sure you could just fill it with anything and paint but one thing to me that makes them neat is when they are polished out a bit. I dont thing domino used any filler on them, just some paint, the holes that can pop up where you cut stuff off are in the casting.

could park a caddy in the hole on this magura...was bummer cause it was a nice clean shape after the perch got knocked off! But it fit worse than the domino on american spec bars and all the heat and getting it real thin trying to get the holes out tok it out of shape even more :scared:

markus

going at a snails pace.... I have been needing to detail the wheels out of for this bike. I want to keep an old look to them but they gotta be clean and uniform. These Tablocs like to stain/discolor so I was trying a few different things.

These are actually the wheelset from My George Barris super stocker but they are the same wheels as whats on the bike, they were already loose in a box and they need cleaned anyway.

Left is pretty much what I am starting with, I tried a light media blast from this but discolorations were still pretty noticable. Center one is after a VERY SHORT soak in some industrial degreaser. This stuff will eat aluminum, they start foaming and as you can see after washing them off they come out looking almost black. right is going to be the final outcome...most likely. light media, lightly polished up lip and center, liquid wax soak and scrub on the raw center.

the wheels have to look good, but I don't want them to look new. They are already easily mistaken for Astro wheels and I want to avoid that. I like the way they are turning out, except this is basically the same thing I did with my Mickey bike wheels so that kinda sucks but I just cant think of anything else so I am gonna just roll with it.

gonna order some stuff today to experiment with for footpegs and some of the final little things needed to finish. Will plug away at the wheels this week and get the NOS Goodyears remounted and back on the bike while I wait for the parts to come in