chop shop project

Still at it I see. One of the better frame mods I've seen here, especially as it carries a theme and buries the modification so well. Good job as always. I also use the Nason 2K. Decent price at our Napa and I get a car club discount.

markus

thanks for the comments everyone, Actually kept at it today and got it all painted :thumbsup: I have not been able to decide on a color, and honestly I didn't feel like spending anymore money so I just grabbed some leftovers from the cabinet.

Its nason (dupont) Black effect ( I used this in the past) I did spray it over a neutral effect this time, I have a whole quart of that color and just wanted to see what it looked like sprayed out, I'll be interested to see if it changes the tone any over the other bike I did which I just sprayed the black over the gray nason sealer I use, have to get it out in the sun and see.

Not too bad, I gotta really deep clean my gun though got some debris in there :doah:

markus

Layed that on real nice. Black effect- of the ful-cryl line?
"Ful base" dunno if its still in the books, alot of this paint is from my buddy before he moved a few years ago. Might actually be a standard fleet color

Very glossy but how well does it hold up against chips or scratches?
I guess you could compare it to a decent paint job on an automobile :shrug: Its all urethane auto refinishing products that are used in auto body shops

markus

heres some sunlight shots this AM after wiping all my greazy paw prints off it :laugh: Still does not photo like it looks in person, not as dramatic as I really wanted but my budget right now is zip, so I gotta just kinda work with what I got sitting around the garage :crying:

I still see the ful base here on the shelves, so it's current. It looks like some gold or purple flake in there, or maybe just a bit of purple in the base? It'll look badass with some chrome sitting around it. I like the plate /frame protector. You laid that paint on nice.

markus

looks great markus :thumbsup: and I really like that little trick with the hose to keep the trees from hitting the frame
Thanks everyone, Yea the fuel line works great...till you go riding then they fly off :laugh: but for around the shop they are helpful

I figured I better start cleaning the engine and give it a once over, its been sitting for a few years now since the last time I had it running on a bike. Tank is soaking right now and I am getting ready to give the engine a good bath! gotta start polishing the Flexo header too!

I got to detail the wheels still but I had slap them on to see how it looks now that its painted...I liked it better rusty and raw :doah:

I have another set of the Tab loc wheels that are in the same condition so I am going to start those and then swap over the parts so I can still roll myself around the garage while I work on them :smile:, might try like I did on the mickey bike leave the centers sort of rough finish and darken them with wax and polish the outside out.

I also ordered a seat...I am going to call it a "temporary" seat as the color and style may not go to well. Will see when it comes in.

Hey Markus!! Love this build!! I have some of the automotive door edge trim in black that I use for a protector between trees and frame!! Looks and works great and you just pinch it to make it hold to desired thickness as it has aluminum "U" shaped bits inside! Wont fly off like the fuel line!!

Thanks everyone, Yea the fuel line works great...till you go riding then they fly off :laugh: but for around the shop they are helpful
I would be more than happy to send you a strip to protect that beautiful paint job!!!! Just PM me an address to sent it to if you want!!!! :thumbsup: