Classifieds section MIA?

Removed till further notice, a few bad apples spoiled the bunch and our Webmaster cured that and for good maybe. Hope not but I'll support OldMiniBikes regardless. I'm in it for the long haul even if I'm gonna go slow from here on out, the whole thing had me pretty upset and I pulled my ads. I just needed to step back and wait for the shitestorm to pass for now, and now we all will be doing just that.

I think a presentation of a comprehensive set of rules for selling should be implemented, PMs accepted only there so nobody can say stupid :censure:. No more PM sent BS no more "good luck on your sale" when it's obvious that comment was really "you are out of your mind asking that price" in disguise. That's my best idea for a great classified section, I'd like to see a thread or poll suggesting just that but I wont be the nail this time so someone else will have to start it.:doah:

george3

Removed till further notice, a few bad apples spoiled the bunch and our Webmaster cured that and for good maybe. Hope not but I'll support OldMiniBikes regardless. I'm in it for the long haul even if I'm gonna go slow from here on out, the whole thing had me pretty upset and I pulled my ads. I just needed to step back and wait for the shitestorm to pass for now, and now we all will be doing just that.

I think a presentation of a comprehensive set of rules for selling should be implemented, PMs accepted only there so nobody can say stupid :censure:. No more PM sent BS no more "good luck on your sale" when it's obvious that comment was really "you are out of your mind asking that price" in disguise. That's my best idea for a great classified section, I'd like to see a thread or poll suggesting just that but I wont be the nail this time so someone else will have to start it.:doah:
I dont think that is allways true on the goodluck on your sale post, but in some cases it is. I have seen that posted in both ways.

I never saw any problems with the classifieds..:shrug:

But If there were problems they should be handled with the person or persons cuasing them, to bad they make every one suffer..

I say that all the time "good luck on your sale". I have always meant that sincerely. I just thought it would be nice to know people are interested. If I had a million dollars........I would buy everything in the classifieds:laugh::laugh::laugh:

george3

I say that all the time "good luck on your sale". I have always meant that sincerely. I just thought it would be nice to know people are interested. If I had a million dollars........I would buy everything in the classifieds:laugh::laugh::laugh:
lol wouldnt we all. I guess that isnt a good thing to say anymore. Maybe just keep it as dull as can be, and as boring as possable. Some people take things the wrong way that will happen anywhere. We all like this site its a great site. Unfortunately Hent get stuck with the headeaches.

But If there were problems they should be handled with the person or persons cuasing them, to bad they make every one suffer..
I guess this way, if we get the classified section back, we tolerate less of those bad apple's b.s. and stop potential problems before they start. To make sure we don't lose things anymore, that on the whole, are useful. Mr. Hent knew what he was doing.

markus

lol wouldnt we all. I guess that isnt a good thing to say anymore. Maybe just keep it as dull as can be, and as boring as possable. Some people take things the wrong way that will happen anywhere. We all like this site its a great site. Unfortunately Hent get stuck with the headeaches.

I'll take dull and boring over nothing at all in a heartbeat, In fact I would applaud it! Its a classified section, wanna hold an exciting discussion take it to one of the other many, many sections on this board that are appropriate for it.

if the format cant be changed and that section just needs to be moderated more to get rid of the useless postings, than I would be happy to volunteer to be a part of that if needed. That is of course if there is actually going to be changes made to streamline the classifieds section.

rmm727

And here, I was planning on posting a few items in that section. Darn. Hope it comes back.

"Good luck on your sale" isn't always a bad thing. If I wanted an item someone had for sale that was too far away, I would hope that item got sold for that members sake and that it went to a good home.

Perhaps a line from the great Joni Mitchell's song "Big Yellow Taxi" is appropriate here:
"You don't know what you got till it's gone..."
(You old guys will remember that song)