cleaning the garage

KB2ROCKET

for years my neighbor has been begging me to finish my dual engine drag bike but I can never find the time so yesterday while he was fishing I rolled it over and put it in his garage :) I thought he was going to cry when he saw it he really loves that bike now I can start bugging him to finish it HA HA HA :001_tt2:
the bike has ysr50 forks and Harley drag bars and riser sorry I don't have pictures of the front

Last edited:
Now where are the rest of the pictures ?? And what Briggs & Stratton engines are they ??
I never would of thought to run the brake disc on the outside of the frame, but makes a lot of sense on a drag bike. I like it a lot what front end and wheel and tire is on the front ? Steve :scooter:

Oldsalt

Pics of the drive system!! I can see that a jackshaft is going to be installed but that doesn't tell the whole story. Nice frame.

KB2ROCKET

Over the years I have tryed many times to explain the drive system but the questions never stop
you start the front engine then give some gas then the front engine turns the solid inboard sprocket and starts the rear engine then outboard of that sprocket is a clutch that drives the rear tire
think of it as a normal minibike drive but the front engine just helps the rear engine . And no you don't need to sync the two engines both clutches slip enough that the engines autosync and find their own happy spot :)

no jackshaft required

Over the years I have tryed many times to explain the drive system but the questions never stop
you start the front engine then give some gas then the front engine turns the solid inboard sprocket and starts the rear engine then outboard of that sprocket is a clutch that drives the rear tire
think of it as a normal minibike drive but the front engine just helps the rear engine . And no you don't need to sync the two engines both clutches slip enough that the engines autosync and find their own happy spot :)

no jackshaft required
Looks simple enough.

KB2ROCKET

Now where are the rest of the pictures ?? And what Briggs & Stratton engines are they ??
I never would of thought to run the brake disc on the outside of the frame, but makes a lot of sense on a drag bike. I like it a lot what front end and wheel and tire is on the front ? Steve :scooter:
they are briggs animal engines for racing karts.
the whole front fork brakes and tire are form a yamaha YSR50

Gift giving in Florida

they are briggs animal engines for racing karts.
the whole front fork brakes and tire are form a yamaha YSR50
When I saw the orange color I thought the might be the animal motors. and the Yamaha front end should be just the right ride hight for that drag monster. What fuel tank were you going to use ? Is you neighbor a member of the OldMiniBikes yet ?
Steve:scooter:

KB2ROCKET

I've had several fuel tanks on it from gas powered bicycle tanks / Harley tanks / a custom tank made from two oxygen bottles welded together I still have that tank somewhere :) my neighbor dosent use the computer much but I will post pictures of his progress as it happens

Oldsalt

And no you don't need to sync the two engines both clutches slip enough that the engines autosync and find their own happy spot :)
From experience I know you are correct. Many years ago, when the earth was still cooling, several of us loons decided to rape a pair of Royal Enfield 500cc single cylinder motorcycles and put both engines in the same frame. It was to be a drag bike but it was not very quick but it was delightfully dangerous. After a couple of false starts on drive systems that would not work we put a clutch on both motors and drove a Harley 45 trans. Our common wisdom was that they would do crazy things, but we didn't care. Did not happen; exactly as you point out...they autosync at a happy spot!