Cleaning Up Old Aluminum Wheels???

MiniBike Paul

Someone must have an easy, effective way to clean up old aluminum wheels. They are oxidized and dirty, but I am hoping to avoid a :censure: extreme labor intensive ordeal!! :scooter:

When i'm done i'll post some before and after pics!!

Last edited:
Yes, the easiest way to clean them is find a semi truck wash and have them hose them with aluminum acid. Or find a power washing part and supply in your area and order a gallon, About 20.00 or so.

Just go to your local boat store. Buy a bottle of Alum. pontoon cleaner. Then use a plastic bristle brush and scrubs right off. Hose off with water. Then use never dull to shine them up very nicely.

good advice guys ill keep that in mind. Also a tip on keeping aluminum shiny. On polished wheels when you get that haze after polishing them use baking flour on a rag gets rid of the haze

Someone must have an easy, effective way to clean up old aluminum wheels. They are oxidized and dirty, but I am hoping to avoid a :censure: extreme labor intensive ordeal!!
If it was easy then EVERYBODY would be doing it. I did this by hand with some acid etch, a toothbrush, and some aluminum polish and a lot of TIME....

:thumbsup: