Clone engine (6.5hp) won't start

hey guys and gals,
after a long layoff due to a foot injury, I rolled the 'ol Baja out of the garage and tried to start her up.... to no avail ! She's got the 6.5 china clone Greyhound engine in her. She's been sitting up for the better part of a year, yep she had Sta-bil in the gas tank and it is full. So I checked the fuel petcock and I have positive flow in the ON position; I pulled the float bowl and viola no gas. Is my main jet clogged? Do I need to pull the carb off and thoroughly clean the whole thing a la the first sticky in this column? Just wondered if carb cleaner sprayed into the mouth of the intake would do it? Damn, I've gotten lazy over the past year...... Comments or suggestions appreciated !!

Yep needle stuck on the seat. Pull the bowl, be careful with the gasket. The float pushes the needle up. Gently pull the needle down.

But first I'd tap on the carb body with a small hammer a few times.

Is the petcock open?

Yes, petcock is open, fuel fills the petcock strainer when turned to ON. Does the needle screw into the hole at the bottom of the carb? or is it held in by a spring?

So the float needle was so gunked up that it was literally almost glued inside the chamber.... I got it unstuck and had to scrap it off with a toothpick! It's not back together yet as I had to go to work; maybe Friday then I'll give a report....