Comet parts

I just got word from one of my suppliers... COMET parts are becoming available again. At this time its just parts, no complete clutches or assemblies. But rebuild parts are available, things like springs, plastic cam buttons, bushing.

Last edited by a moderator:
trust me they arent starting to remake them just selling off the old parts in the original packing. I have alot of small comet parts still in the plastic, doesnt mean comet is back in buisness!

Hent

Are you talking to someone differently than me Greg? I'm able to get new parts, and the new units should be ready in another month or so :thumbsup:

These parts are new and the units that will be coming out in the next month or so will be the Comet 400 series centrifugal clutches. Also, Comet is not back in business. They were bought by another company.

Last edited:
Are you talking to someone differently than me Greg? I'm able to get new parts, and the new units should be ready in another month or so :thumbsup:
No i was not talking to you, just stating if comet was bought out by another company the new parts are not comet made parts? and the stuff they are selling that is in comet packing is old stock.

MB165

Guess I answered my own questions. I hope they do get things up and running.
P.

Certified Parts Corporation acquires certain assets of Hoffco/Comet
Certified Parts Corporation (CPC), the Janesville, Wis.-based company that purchased TecumsehPower Feb. 9, 2009, acquired certain assets of Hoffco/Comet in an auction Dec. 17.

CPC purchased Hoffco/Comet’s intellectual property, dies, fixtures and tooling, as well as its entire existing parts inventory, shelf by shelf. Although the shelves were somewhat bare, CPC still bought a large quantity of parts. CPC intends to maintain a complete line of replacement parts and is very confident that it will be able to manufacture complete finished product in the near future. Comet was in business for 60 years, making clutches for some of the world’s best known manufacturers.

“It’s a huge marriage between the Tecumseh engine and the Comet torque converter, which is a variable-speed transmission,” said Jim Grafft, President and CEO of CPC. “They also made a gear box that we are excited about.”

CPC hopes to start shipping in January 2010. “We have talked to many of the main vendors, and they are excited that someone has taken over and they are looking forward to shipping us new parts,” added Grafft.

Any company that had back orders with Hoffco/Comet, can email their inquiries or orders to CPC at cpc@certifiedpartscorp.com or fax them to (608) 752-3528.

With your help we can get this great American company back up and running!

Thank you,
Certified Parts Corporation
1111 W. Racine Street
Janesville, WI 53545
1-800-356-0777
(608) 752-9441

Hent

No i was not talking to you, just stating if comet was bought out by another company the new parts are not comet made parts? and the stuff they are selling that is in comet packing is old stock.
I didnt mean me. I just meant to the people who are making the Comet parts. :thumbsup:

I've been in touch with them about getting parts and the complete units once they are available.... and OldMiniBikes.com will have them in stock soon.

I didnt mean me. I just meant to the people who are making the Comet parts. :thumbsup:

I've been in touch with them about getting parts and the complete units once they are available.... and OldMiniBikes.com will have them in stock soon.
Hent, will these be actual Comet/CPC parts USA made to the old Comet specifications or are they just cheap Chinese copies? Just qurious :shrug:

If they are the good stuff this is good news

Hent

Late August/ Early September on the full TAV units is what I'm hearing now. :hammer:

Lets hope for a little sooner.

And yes these are the Comet/CPC parts....